Anyone know why Yankee stopped making thier soy candles?

I don't keep up with Yankee. I have too many things that I need to worry about with my own business.

BUT.......HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE OF SOY???? Yeah, thats probably why....or the other things that cause issues with mass producing of a product such as the frosting, the scent throw trouble (which, I doubt they really care about), they may have not been selling enough...

Hmmmmm i didnt know they stopped...

Well, they aren't listed on their website, so I assume they did... :confused:

The funny thing... their soy candles were much more fragrant than their original candles and looked flawless (unlike their original candles)...

They were in a square container too....

Yeah, sent them an email, haven't heard back yet...

I seams to me from reading posts here and elsewhere, that a lot of candle makers are pulling away from soy, when due to cost or something else.

I personally just don't like the way soy preformed for me. I will say that I only tried it once, but for me, that was enough. I prefer the look and versatility of paraffin.

Personally, I use a soy/paraffin blend.

I refuse to do a 'facts about soy' page... because most of it is complete hype. Without paraffin candles, what would happen to the petroleum industry? They serve a very, very important role in the big picture.

Soy candles DO have soot... it's just not black. They aren't any cleaner.

People should be informed of CORRECT facts, not hype. I was raised in the midwest, smack dab in the middle of huge soy bean farms. We couldn't even drink our well water due to the chemicals used. I will forever support the American farmer though. Just as I'll support those who work in off-shore drilling rigs off the Texas coast of the Gulf of Mexico.

Balance is the most important thing for planet health. Not misguided tangents of running blindly on misconceived facts.

Yankee probably stopped because they weren't making any money on them. I'm sure it's that simple. They are a big company, supply/ demand, etc. I'm sure it had nothing to do with their ecological or philosophic views on a damn thing. Money... that's the green that most businesses believe in.

Yankee probably stopped because they weren't making any money on them. I'm sure it's that simple. They are a big company, supply/ demand, etc. I'm sure it had nothing to do with their ecological or philosophic views on a damn thing. Money... that's the green that most businesses believe in.

Sad but true....