Please Help Me

I ordered a custom scented blue 6 x 10, 3 wick pillar candle that took weeks to get! It was a very special gift for my best friend for a candle holder his mom gave him before she died. Well I just got the candle in and I find out that the candle is somehow a little too wide down in the middle of it (it only fits down to about half) and it won't fit in the holder. Is there any way to trim a little off the sides of the candle without wrecking it? I don't exactly know what kind of wax it is as I'm not experienced at this but it seems like run of the mill wax. I need to get this accomplished by 1 P.M. tomorrow and I am desperate. I would so appreciate any help or advise anyone could give. My e-mail address is jenny.maurer@comcast.net. Or reply here. And thank you so much to everyone and anyone that responds.

Jennylynnm, the only thing that I can think of is if you have a electric griddle or electric frying pan. Heat is up and lay the candle on it's side and roll it on the heat. You will then have to rub the heck out of it with pantyhose to smooth it back out. Don't get the heat source to hot. Be very careful and try to only take small bits off at a time.

Hope this is some sort of help to you.

That's probably your best bet. If you don't have a pair of old pantyhose around, Draco and I have found that one of those dishtowels that kind of look like thermal material work. I imagine any non linty dishtowel would work, it does take more time though.

I can't quite picture the candle holder, but for shrinking a pillar, the easiest way I've found was zapping with a heat gun. Set on a lazy susan with a baking try under the candle to catch the wax, rotate slow but constant and keep the heat moving evenly.