Avery Design Pro

Deb

Has anyone gotten Avery Design Pro to work with Windows Vista? This is the only program that I haven't been able to "tweek" so it works with Vista. I wrote to Avery but they were no help at all. I am beyond frustrated!!

Tereasa, nope no help at all...LOL! This is driving me nuts. Do you have the 5.4 version? I haven't had a problem installing a program until this one. Guess I'll just keep at it until I figure it out. I have no choice...all my labels were designed on it!

I have 5.4 and have had no problems so far with Vista. Have you uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it yet?

Sandy~WI

I've uninstalled and then re-installed it several times now. It loads fine, but when I go to do anything, I get an error message (Design Pro has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution) and then it shuts down.

It's even more frustrating knowing that it works for everyone else. Sometimes misery really does love company...LOL!!

I remember on my old computer that when I would go to click on the save tab it after designing something and it would say there was an error and would shut down and I would lose everything I just worked on and that was with XP so I had to instead click on "file" and then click on "save as"and so on, but I was having other issues with that computer as well so I never did find out what was causing that issue. Are you able to start any project on there or is it right when you bring up the program? Sorry I'm not a huge help

Sandy~WI

ok i hope this helps i just got a new laptop friday and i have been trying to install Avery too....I also have Vista,

So when you are installing it and it says something like.... what kind of download do you want....then it gives you 3 choices....

the first one is what they recomend..the second one is limited...and the third choice is custom....pick the second choice and it will work. I have been making my labels with Avery for 3 years and this is always what i have used. ( i know nothing else)

let me know if this helps....

Kris

Thanks everyone! I finally got it to work...just don't ask me how because it's a long, painful story!!

Even now, it won't print from the "file" option. It will only print from "print preview". I don't care. It's working and it's printing.

Thanks everyone! I finally got it to work...just don't ask me how because it's a long, painful story!!

Even now, it won't print from the "file" option. It will only print from "print preview". I don't care. It's working and it's printing.

I had that problem too. to try and make a long story short...my computer took a poop, which had xp and I had an all in one printer blah blah well Dell sent me a new pc but it had vista on it, well my printer wasnt compatable with vista but dell had me do some stuff I think download drivers so my printer would work now that I had vista, well I never could get it to print with out having to go in and do a print preview (I could when I had xp and that printer) but I just bought a laptop and printer combo package, it has vista, I downloaded design pro and have not had one prob with the above so I believe now it had a little to do also with my old printer not being compatable with vista.

Sandy~WI

Once I got the program installed without getting the error and having it shut down, I worked on the printer problem. I have the Dell All In One too, and I knew that I had to fiddle with it to make it work.

At this point, I don't care how it works, just that it DOES work! I don't remember ever being as frustrated and clueless as I was this weekend.

I've noticed a lot of little glitches with Vista, but nothing that I wasn't able to overcome. This Avery problem was a tough one and the final solution was an ugly one...LOL!