Cupcake Soaps

Louise

After being inspired by LovelyLather's whipped soap cuppies, I just had to give some whipped soap a try. I was just sorry I didn't have any jimmies to put on them.

[ATTACH]15086[/ATTACH]

I also made a layered log mold and even a few roses in a silicon baking mold, but they are not unmolded or cut yet. I've read where it's best to cut log molds with wire, but don't know if I have any. Maybe if I don't wait too long to unmold, I'll be able to use a knife dipped in hot water. If anyone has any other suggestions, please, don't hold back, lol.

Thanks for looking! :)

post-9049-139458444178_thumb.jpg

Those look great. Aren't they fun to make? I have been selling them like crazy. Kids as well as adults love them. As far as doing the whipped soap in a log you have to cut it as soon as they are cooled down and it is best to use wire. They are hard to cut and get crumbley. I did some in a slab with dividers and you have to remove the dividers before it gets too hard other wise they stick to it. Please let me know how the silicone mold works out for you.

Michi, I failed to state that this was whipped soap....my bad :o

I had been reading about how some people cut it if they use a log mold. The best way is to cut with a wire, but wasn't sure if I had any wire.

LovelyLathers, yes it is fun to make! I know I'll be doing some more like this. You say it's best to cut them as soon as they cool down, but I don't remember them getting hot! LOL. I followed Nizzy's method and soaped RT. I beat the heck out of my solid oils (never did get actual peaks) and then slowly added my liquid oils, hand whisked from there (which I think was a mistake and will differently next time), then slowly added my fo and whisked some more. My hands and wrists are really screaming today :( .

I just cut my log....used the hot water knife trick. That worked ok. Then halfway through went to see if I had any craft wire. I didn't, but I did locate my roll of fishing line! I think that worked a little better than the hot knife.

In the silicone molds I poured 3 full roses and a dibble of a rose. So I took out the dibble rose but some of the soap stayed in the mold, so will wait a day or so to attempt to take the others out.

Very interesting, indeed, this whipped soap. Oh, and I don't know if anyone remembers when I asked in a thread about using the cookie press. Well, after reading Nizzy's tut again, she suggests using one, LOL.

Here's the pics of the cut bars.

[ATTACH]15087[/ATTACH]

The bar on the right was cut with a knife dipped in hot water.

The bar on the left was cut with fishing line. Notice what happens though if the line doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the bar.

post-9049-139458444181_thumb.jpg

Michi, I failed to state that this was whipped soap....my bad :o

Very interesting, indeed, this whipped soap. Oh, and I don't know if anyone remembers when I asked in a thread about using the cookie press. Well, after reading Nizzy's tut again, she suggests using one, LOL.

Nizzy is a he.:)

Thanks everyone! They were really fun to make. I also got to make whipped soap for the first time. Ima thinking I'll be doing this again, it's just too cool.

Thanks Soapbuddy for letting me know Nizzy is a he. LOL

Thanks Carrie. They are scented with Butt Naked. I was going to have my title read "See My Butt Cuppies", but somehow that just didn't sound right :cheesy2:

LMAO... only you Louise. Only you. :P You really make me laugh.

These look lovely girl! So pretty! They look good enough to eat! Love the colors. Nice Job!!

And your cut soapies are nice too!!!

OMG Louise I haven't been able to eat much for days, and these soaps just made me want cupcakes and ice cream!!! Gorgeous new soapies!!! The loaf one looks like ice cream slices. And the cupcakes look so creamy!!! Beautiful! :yay: