using a 50/50 combo

does anyone here use 50 CBA and 50 CB135 in their formulations? I have been thinking about trying it out but just wanted to see if anyone had some insight on how well it works. My reasoning behind it is because I am trying to get best HT and staying 100% natural. Thanks in advance!

Soy can have paraffin mixed with it, yours does not. Stella was saying soy WAX does not occcur naturally. It, if I am not mistaken, is chemically extruded.

I mix CBA with 415. I tried it with the Ecosoya Pure, but the 415 plays better with the CBA. You keep the beauty of the CBA and get the throw of the 415.

HTH

I tried this combo at the beginning of the year and wasn't thrilled with my results. Although my tops were relatively smooth, I didn't like the contracting I was getting. It made the jars look bad....so I went back to straight CBA and am much happier!

HTH

Kim

Soy can have paraffin mixed with it, yours does not. Stella was saying soy WAX does not occcur naturally. It, if I am not mistaken, is chemically extruded.

I mix CBA with 415. I tried it with the Ecosoya Pure, but the 415 plays better with the CBA. You keep the beauty of the CBA and get the throw of the 415.

HTH

Ditto!I use the same combo as FF and agree with what she said!!!:cheesy2: Kimmeroo

• 2 weeks later...

Funflames what ratio do you mix your cba and 415, if I may ask? I have been fighting here trying to find the right look with the right scent throw. As soon as I think I have it figured out I make some and they flop. I loved the way the cba looked but it didn't have the hs so I went to cb135 but now I have ugly candles. So I started adding different additives and thought I had it figured out with the coconut oil but this batch was a disaster. Now I ordered usa to try that, I didn't get it yet so thats where I'm at right now. Then I read two ppl on here stating they use cba with 415 and it gives the results I'm looking for. I really hoping to find something that works, I have so many additives now that the only thing I can do with them is sell them on ebay. I'm begging anybody on this board if they could please help guide me in the right direction. I have even asked cs and they haven't got back to me yet. Theres got to be a pure soy wax out there that throws hot scents and looks good.......isn't there????

Coffeebean,

I mix 50/50 with 1tsp USA. You might actually have even better results than I have, you are closer to the person who had excellent results from that mix. I have had some frosting issues. It does give great CT/HT with a few days cure.

HTH