Soy container candles on candle warmers.

A friend of mine gave me a candle warmer a while ago and I tried it out but found that the throw wasn't nearly as strong as when I burn a candle. I just wasn't impressed with the throw and it was one of my candles. I have heard another soy candle person say the same thing. any idea why? The scent was French Vanilla. It should have been very strong. I had burned the candle for a few days and then remembered the warmer. The scent throw burning was great. :confused:

Maybe the warmer doesn't get the wax as hot as the wick does? :confused: It might be because the warmer has to warm the candle from the bottom up which is alot of wax to get warm while the wick is able to get a deep enough mp that is also hot enough to warm the FO so that you can smell it. I'm just guessing though it makes sense to me. ;):)

A friend of mine gave me a candle warmer a while ago and I tried it out but found that the throw wasn't nearly as strong as when I burn a candle. I just wasn't impressed with the throw and it was one of my candles. I have heard another soy candle person say the same thing. any idea why? The scent was French Vanilla. It should have been very strong. I had burned the candle for a few days and then remembered the warmer. The scent throw burning was great. :confused:

Could be the wattage isn't high enough on your burner. I have found they work best at 21 watts

I have only tested French Vanilla on the candlewarmer(not burning) and it was awesome.I have only tested 3 scents with the warmer but French Vanilla was the best.I got my warmer at Michaels.Also Pecan pie was strong.Forget Sunflower.I could not smell that one but can with burning it.

I agree with Queen of hearts...

the wattage on the warmer makes the difference...I had to switch over to a different warmer with a higher wattage.. I wasn't smelling my wax but slightly.. when I switched to a higher wattage then the same wax was kicking...

Cathy :)