Auction basket

SatinDucky

Ok, I finally got my act together for this Red Cross Dinner & silent auction basket. It's donated for their fundraising. Ok, so mostly together. The stuff was waaay too big to fit in the regular basket so I had to dig out a wire easter basket from last year. This puppy is about a foot and a half across. I'm praying I can find some cello at Walmart tomorrow to wrap it in since I have to deliver it tomorrow! If anyone has any quick suggestions for wrapping, I'm all ears! :D

I really hope it's popular and they get some high bids!

Everything purple is Lavender, yellow is honeysuckle. First is just the separate items. Then in the basket, from the front and back.

post-27-1394584437_thumb.jpg

post-27-139458443709_thumb.jpg

post-27-139458443713_thumb.jpg

Everything looks great. No suggestions on wrapping the basket. I am seriously wrapping challenged. There was a post on the old board on how to wrap a basket. Hoping the bidding goes way high on your basket. It is a great cause.

Very pretty basket and pillars. Love purple and yellow together. If you can't find any kind of bags, maybe some type fabric, like netting, tulle, or something sheer and see through. Walmart should have a good selection of that.

That makes me think spring, I love the colors and the scents are perfect. I hope it brings high bids and raises alot of money! Quick question, where didi you find the tart burner? I love those types.

It's a soapstone burner. I got these from a co-op a while back, but Walmart did start carrying them also. That has been a while back so I'm not sure if they still do. Those had the bowl glued on though and these are in 2 pieces. I'll hunt around and see if I can find which supplier they came from.

Did I miss this? What's in the clear boxes front row, first picture? The purple one that is.

Naw, you didn't miss much. I had asked a couple weeks ago for suggestions as to what to put in this basket. RC called and asked me to donate something for their fundraising Dinner & silent auction, so I volunteered a basket. Then had No clue what to put in it....lol.

That purple thing is a rose, just hard to see in the box. Even harder to see in the basket :undecided Looks like this...

post-27-139458443766_thumb.jpg

Nice job Ms SD.........everyone should just love the basket. I am a fan of purples and yellows for many years. Reminds me of pansies..... I can't help with the wrapping. I used to have a table with a permanent cello holder attached so ripping off a piece was not problem. I hope you find a roll. Donita

The auction was Saturday. I have no idea how it went yet though. She's supposed to be sending a "thank you" letter with a receipt this week, so hopefully she'll mention how much it brought in :D If not, maybe I'll call. Then again, maybe not. If she doesn't bring it up, it may have not done well and I don't think I want to know that :embarasse

Yup, found cello. At Wally World, on the way to drop it off. Took my ribbons, scissors and tape with me... wrapped in on the car hood in the parking lot then took it over to the RC office...LOL

OOOOOOH Ducky....

I always love your stuff.....

Everything is so dang purdy.....

Wanna send me a basket just like that?

Really, I wouldn't mind at all :D

Now do tell me about that potpourri pot.

I love it. guess I been out of the loop to long to figure out what kind it is.......

Thanks! :)

Now do tell me about that potpourri pot.

Ummm.. What potpourri pot? :tongue2:

Are you talking about the soapstone tart burner? LOL

Ohh... since a wedding gift seem to be in order, I'll see if I can toss something together for ya. Now don't get all mushy cuz it wont be THIS big, but I'll come up with something. Seems I remember something about Lavender.... ;)

soapstone ?:o oye. it has been awhile

Ohh... since a wedding gift seem to be in order, I'll see if I can toss something together for ya. Now don't get all mushy cuz it wont be THIS big, but I'll come up with something. Seems I remember something about Lavender.... ;)

Well I am touched. You remember my Lav :smiley2:

I best better get busy figuring out what day we getting married.

Oh Boy LOL

soapstone ?:o oye. it has been awhile

Well I am touched. You remember my Lav :smiley2:

I best better get busy figuring out what day we getting married.

Oh Boy LOL

Yeah, my Birthday came and went, so I guess the 6th is out LOL