Black heart

cybersix

Hi everyone!

I always wanted to make a total black candle, so here it is. It's feather palm pillar, scented indescribable by daystar.

Not wicked yet.

I was taking shots for my website so I thought i could take a pic of it.

Thanks for looking!

post-1267-139458443625_thumb.jpg

Sabrina.....that is very pretty. I like pink and black together. So Marilyn Monroe. But the heart is Jayne Mansfield. Very movie star photo.

Hugs and kisses from the "cold" country.

Donita

My dear Sis thanks so much! Here we had 79 F today, bright sun and a good breeze. It's really strange since it's february.

Thanks for your lovely comments!

Hugs

that's cool!

I love black. What do you use? I use peak's liquid dye.

Would you mind if I ask you which wick do you put in those?

Well, LOL! I used Black & Navy Dye Blocks from CS and a crap load of them! The order was a rush for a friend and I told them I had not tested the burn on these, especially with all that dye! They are for a reception so hopefully they will burn OK for that short amount of time! They will be in Hurricanes so.....

I have placed an order for some Black dye powder to see if that will work better. Will let ya know.

I used the CSN 26 wicks in the 4" pillar. I actually have one in the mold with FO. Will post a pick later tonight.

I have tested the Heart Pillar mold from CS and the CSN 16 works divine!

I poured a glossy black heart for myself a while back and they seem so decadent my husband said it looked satanic...I scented it forbidden..I just loved it! I love they feathered look of your candle but I must agree, it might be my monitor but I'm seeing brown...it could be my menopausal eyes though..lol

Wow...that is sharp! The picture is sooooo good too.

Do you mind me asking how you got your BG so white? I have been trying with my light box for ages...and it always has a tinge of grey or brown to it :(

Thank you for you nice comment!

I'm not a good photographer but I leraned two important things, besides light (it has to be a white and cold light).

One is balancing the white on your camera, once you've setup the lightbox. You may have to check the operator's manual. Mine does it choosing "manual balance" and taking a shot of what is really white. No other objects, only the white background. And remember that how the camera gets the white can change if you zoom or change angle.

Second is putting something else with the candle, something else which has the complimentary color of it. So together they will do a sort of neutral tone. When you see a cast on your pics usualy is the same color of the object you are taking pics of.

Third... sometimes software retouching helps. Not in this case, but sometimes when other steps fail you may need it.

HTH

Sabrina, That looks stunning. I think that you may have just inspired me to give it a try myself. I have tons of Feather palm that I'm just not using because I prefer Cloudy in an undyed pillar but the Feather looks fabulous in black. Hmmm. Thanks, Mozzie

I think that you may have just inspired me to give it a try myself.

I feel the same way! This is a cool mold and the project ideas are endless! I have one floating around my head that I can't wait to try, thanks to Sabrina's inspiration!:highfive::yay: