Floating hearts

SatinDucky

I was playing with floaters some last week. These hearts are just a little over an inch across. I must have a half dozen different sizes in small hearts but none seem quite right. These seem a bit too small too. They burn right about 1 hr 45 mins. I'm aiming for 2 to 2.5 hrs. Thinking like a dinner table center piece and I figure 2 hrs with some play time should be ok. In this small heart I've only tried testing with the left over Lavender. Surprising how many little hearts you can make with the leftovers...lol. Maybe if I start testing now, I'll have some ready by NEXT Valentines Day :laugh2:

post-27-13945844264_thumb.jpg

What size wick are you using? I love to make floating candles, but I can never get them to burn that long. I must be using the wrong size wick. Most of the time they burn for about 15 minutes right down the middle.

Thanks for any help

Cindy

What size wick are you using? I love to make floating candles, but I can never get them to burn that long. I must be using the wrong size wick. Most of the time they burn for about 15 minutes right down the middle.

Thanks for any help

Cindy

These are LX8, just because it's the smallest wicks I have. They are probably tunneling as well, but since they're just barely over an inch wide, the whole thing is the tunnel...lol. I haven't tried any wider floaters yet. I have a few daisies to test and they're a lil over 3" across so I imagine only the middle will burn. Then again, I have LX 10 and 12 in them to test. We'll see :)