Candle & Soap Conferences?

TartAddict

Scented- I talked with Kitty last weekend, and she said tentative date is mid-August - I think she said Aug 16 - but she's finalizing the date and venue this weekend. She's letting the volunteers know as soon as she finds out, so I'll post again as soon as I hear anything from her!

Kimberly- Did you go last year? This is a totally new conference run by Kitty Cunningham from Kangaroo Blue. She did a great job last year- very organized.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Scented...I have been to the Chicago and TX conference with you...come to the PA one or the NY Soapmakers gathering.

You need to get back to NY...right?...lol

I was not impressed at all with the Chicago Conference I attended a few yrs back...was VERY disorganized.

Thought was to consider giving Chicago another go since it was new lol, Lufkin for VE and the Texas Soapmaking one was a very good fit lol. Need dates Chick!

Need a date on that Bravo, unless I missed it on that read. Chicago would be closer for me to go to as well, but I'm tossing it up between there and one of two Texas conferences too.

Not going to take vacation to deal with drama, so Arizona will be out. Now would I want to do Lufkin or Austin or Chicago?

I saw where there was one in Tenn., even Penn., even NY, but still would like to get some dates to see which I can do.

What are the ones in tX...do you have any links, dates?

How about the Pacific NorthWest?? Are there any large candle or soap confrences there??:confused:

tootie

Thats what I would like to know! Is the AZ one the only one? Nothing in Portland or Seattle? I would so badly LOVE to go to one! But can't afford to go to one on the East Cosat..:sad2: ..

Sharon

Thought was to consider giving Chicago another go since it was new lol, Lufkin for VE and the Texas Soapmaking one was a very good fit lol. Need dates Chick!

Awwww...are you saying you are coming to Tx just for me???

Seriously, we have to see who is interested in coming. The Tx conf in Lufkin has the 2008 dates but the schedule of events is still from 2008. Curious to see what they have this year....

Thats what I would like to know! Is the AZ one the only one? Nothing in Portland or Seattle? I would so badly LOVE to go to one! But can't afford to go to one on the East Cosat..:sad2: ..

Sharon

If I was coordinated enough I'd try to oranize one over here BUT I have NO idea where to even start!!:confused:

I see you are over by Portland....I am in Tillamook!!

tootie

If I was coordinated enough I'd try to oranize one over here BUT I have NO idea where to even start!!:confused:

I see you are over by Portland....I am in Tillamook!!

tootie

If there was one in Portland I would come....my son just moved back out there with my mom and her dad.

I need an excuse to get off my tush and visit him...but his work schedule is kinda crazy

Thanks! Now I'd like to see what she has planned ... I know, :tiptoe:

LOL

We just had a volunteer meeting, so I know she's working frantically on getting the info ready to post! She has some stuff lined up already, and more in the works. Email her with any suggestions on what you'd like to see, too- she's trying to determine what people are wanting to see! The email address is on KB's site. :grin2:

Exactly...it is very much a part of the business world, unfortunate, but it is.
I agree that it's unfortunate, but I choose where to put my money and I don't support companies that I believe are unethical if there is a choice in the matter. As consumers, our dollars are like votes. I don't want to live in that sort of a world, and while it surely is to a degree I do not want to contribute.

Seems to me that we should support businesses that promote ethical behavior - but obviously that is each person's own decision.

To each his or her own.

Hello Candletech members!

I would like to formally invite each and everyone of you to join me at the Second Annual ISOCAN Conference being held at Holiday Inn Naperville, Illinois on Saturday Aug 16. We had a blast last year and the feedback I received were positive and overwhelming!

Here are some demos Janiece and I are working on to line up to tempt ya :tongue2::wink2:

• Mineral make-up - confirmed
  • Fusion Magic - confirmed
  • Safety for pets and humans - confirmed
  • Packaging Presentation - confirmed
  • Hydrosol demo
  • Whipped Body Frosting
  • Melt and Pour layering technique

Calling candle makers, wanna to do a demo? We could definitely use your help and input! Please let me know! :)

Kitty

Hello Candletech members!

I would like to formally invite each and everyone of you to join me at the Second Annual ISOCAN Conference being held at Holiday Inn Naperville, Illinois on Saturday Aug 16. We had a blast last year and the feedback I received were positive and overwhelming!

Here are some demos Janiece and I are working on to line up to tempt ya :tongue2::wink2:

• Mineral make-up - confirmed
  • Fusion Magic - confirmed
  • Safety for pets and humans - confirmed
  • Packaging Presentation - confirmed
  • Hydrosol demo
  • Whipped Body Frosting
  • Melt and Pour layering technique

Calling candle makers, wanna to do a demo? We could definitely use your help and input! Please let me know! :)

Kitty

Kitty, please keep us updated on this as I'm very interested in attending.

Thanks!

Alright Kitty, got my interest, the date should work fabulously ... so some things to see ...

I don't know who she is, but on the candle side, there's a person who makes scenes. She's a member of the IGCA and if I could have gone, would have taken a class from her.

Let's see, in candle making, I'd like to see ... dang forgot the term, but you over dip beyond when the cows come home, cut and put the slices on the candle ... someone knows what I'm talking about (I hope.)

I can't do either, but if there's anyone who makes mosaic candles too ... I'd be interested in that too.

And, Bravo, thanks!

Scented- are those cut & curl candles? I'm a B&B girl so I'm trying to remember...

Although I'd love to see any of the demos you mention- sounds very cool!

And you're welcome! :yay: We'll have to introduce ourselves at the conference- I love putting faces -and real names, for that matter! lol- to CT names.

Scented- are those cut & curl candles? I'm a B&B girl so I'm trying to remember...

Although I'd love to see any of the demos you mention- sounds very cool!

And you're welcome! :yay: We'll have to introduce ourselves at the conference- I love putting faces -and real names, for that matter! lol- to CT names.

Nope not cut & curl ... this will drive me crazier than I am. Similar to applique, but it actually just becomes another layer of the candle. I still can't think of the name of it.

We are going to the BCN one, but the Chicago sounds good too. We too went to one in Chicago a few years back and had no desire to go back. Didn't get much out of it. I am glad to hear it has been taken over by Kangarou Blue. Pretty close for us, the other places are way away. What really sounds good right about now with zero weather and snow up to our arm pits is an excuse to head south.:cheesy2:

• 2 weeks later...