Hearts with rose petal embeds

Donita

Since we have way too much snow I have been playing with wax. It's all over my clothes. I posted a picture of the plastic insert that I shaped into a heart from a Crystal Lite container a week or so ago. I decided to give it a try. I used old rose petals that I had pressed two years ago. The cane on the right used the heart shaped insert. I made tiny chunks to hold them in place. Then poured in my wax. After unmolding it I found that the rose petals were so close to the mold that they didn't get any wax in front of them.........so I had to overdip it. The second one, the one on the left I used a small round insert. I had to use a few more chips to fill the voids and I used long tweezers and dipped the rose petals into wax and put them on waxed paper. Put that in the freezer then carefully popped them off. Then inserted them into the mold. Worked fine, except if you look closely you can see that I forgot to pre wax the little rose leaves......still learning (smile).....these are for my relatives for Valentine's Day. They should be in the mail today. I have to brave it and go out in the snow.....inches and inches are expected today. Just great!!!!!!:rolleyes2 Donita

post-248-139458440722_thumb.jpg

I've been busy the past coupl week making candles for Valentines Day but nothing looks nearly as impressive as yours. I LOVE the rose petal embeds!!!! You did a terrific job and I wish I were one of your relatives receiving one of those beauties.

NancyT

I love your candles. They are always so beautiful and inspiring. Would you be able to share what type wax you use? I love to make these candles but none of mine come out as nice or as white as yours do. Also do you ever have a problem with the wax fading?

Thank you

Cindy

Hi Cindy.....I think just about everyone here except you knows that my favorite hurricane wax is 5055 with 1/2 oz micro 180 added per pound. However, since I can't afford to ship from the east coast anymore, this last case was from Genwax and it has an even higher melt point. It is around 160. The micro helps to keep it from being brittle. Definitely a must for me. It doesn't fade. Unusually whites discolor when stearic acid is used. Hope this helps....Donita

• 3 weeks later...