Clothespin Sachet

RobinInOR

Not a great picture - too much detail for such a small thing. The sachets are 3 wooden clothespins, soaked in lavender essential oil. Tied with raffia, lavender stalks from my garden, hangtag. Thought they'd make neat little stocking stuffers. Do they look like something a person would grab? Not sure on $$ yet...

post-8-139458383426_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! So, probably somewhere between $3-5, hmm.....

And no, I didn't stain them, that's just the color they turn when soaked in oil. I guess the wood varies in grain. I'm not sure how long the scent will last, am still testing. They're pretty strong now, kind of a stinky lavender that needs to fade :) Maybe I could sell them with a little bottle of EO as a refresher, maybe a 15ml bottle or something like that to make it affordable.

Those are really really nice. Clever too and pretty. Do you sell lavender sprigs like you use for them? Since you are in Or. I thought I'd ask since I have been looking for a few. :) I love them and would use them in my home. I soak little wood rolling pins in apple pie oil for my potpourri and the scent lasts a very long time. I think the little vial of refresher oil is a great idea too. I just wonder if the lavender oil would rub off on an article of clothing if it came in direct contact in a dresser drawer or something. That might be something to test for. Seems like they would be really nice in a closet too. Just placed every here and there. Moths don't like lavender, so that might be a selling point too.

Oh how I ramble on and like to think through my typing fingers. :D

Soapymomma

I'm testing for staining now - so far so good, these are pretty dry. I don't sell the sprigs, I only have one lavender plant in my back yard, so I hord everything for my products :) This years crop wasn't as pretty a color as last years - I waited too long to cut.

You have the perfect weather for lavender out there - you should grow a pot! Very easy to take care of, doesn't take a lot of water. They can take the cold winter.

Those are just lovely!! I would certainly be drawn to something like that. Very good idea. Let us know the end results as far as how long the fragrance lasts and whether they stain clothing or not. Great job!!