needed:recipe for HP to make for gifts

Jo Ann

i know alot of ppl prefer cp cuz hp isn't as creamy, but actually, I want to make a hp recipe to give to family and friends for a gift and I actually want it to not be real creamy but kinda old fashiony. so i am looking for a good recipe.

since i am new to this, thought i would ask for some favorite recipes used for hp

thanx!

Jo Ann any recipe can be made with either process, so just pick one and soap away. The biggest difference is that you add your fragrance after the cook and before you pour, after the pour bang the mold on the floor or counter to get rid of air bubbles.....that's it.

thanx yinz guys. but i do have a question, i use EO instead of FO and it seems to me it would be really hard to add the eo after complete cook...cuz my last two hps (i've only done two) where really thick when it got to the mash potatoe stage. i added my fragrance right after trace. is it still ok to do that? when you read up on it alot, it seems everyone has a little bit different way to do it....

Maybe either save some of your water or your superfat oil/ butter, to add after the cook to keep it more fluid. I HP's most of EO soaps, I add it with my super fat as soon as it turns mashed potato, and I never have a problem encorporating it in. HTH:D

Maybe either save some of your water or your superfat oil/ butter, to add after the cook to keep it more fluid. I HP's most of EO soaps, I add it with my super fat as soon as it turns mashed potato, and I never have a problem encorporating it in. HTH:D

ok do you mean, say, i need 1 1/4 cup of water for the lye solution, but hold out say 1/4 cup to mix in later?

This is a varience on Eugenia's recipe.

25% Coconut

35% Olive Oil

35% Lard

5% Castor

.75 oz of FO per pound

ok, i am gonna use this recipe with two table spoons of aloe vera gel and not sure what the eo is gonna be yet. i was thinking myrrh francense and patchouli and maybe some sandlewood. but I want to add another oil to superfat a bit. so with the above measurements to make a 3 pounds of soap. should i use like say 5% almond oil or whichever one i choose?

i added my fragrance right after trace. is it still ok to do that? when you read up on it alot, it seems everyone has a little bit different way to do it....

if you add fragrance right after trace, there is still lye present in the soap and it eats up a portion of your fragrance. that's why addition rate for CP (adding FO after trace) is twice higher then HP (adding FO after cook)

I dissolve 1 TBL. ppo of white table sugar into my water before adding the lye. I use full water for HP soaping. I remove the soap batter from the heat as soon as it's all gelled and there's no zap. I add the fo then, and this adds to the fluidity (as does the sugar, IMO).

Yes, just use your favorite CP recipe; no special recipe needed. But if you can swing it, I'd go a little heavier on the hard oils so the soap will firm up well; HP tends to be softer a bit longer. It needs time to let some of the water leave.