vybar 343/where to buy

Opps, sorry if this posted twice. My first post since the board was moved. I've been looking at all the great pictures in the gallery. You guys are really talented! I'd like to try the vybar 343. Is Candlewic the only supplier that carries it? Thanks

PamR

• 17 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but just realized while searching around that no one carries vybar 343. Does anyone know a company that carries it? I thought I purchased what I have at Aztec but I dont see it there or any other candle place.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:09 PM, Ernie said:

I know this is an old thread, but just realized while searching around that no one carries vybar 343. Does anyone know a company that carries it? I thought I purchased what I have at Aztec but I dont see it there or any other candle place.

From a super quick search I looks to be manufactured by NuCera. (https://www.nucerasolutions.com/candles). maybe they have an offset or solution? Possibly clarus wax has a similar offset product in their PolyBoost product line? 

“Vybar™ 343 polymer

Technical Datasheet | Supplied by NuCera Solutions
Vybar™ 343 polymer by NuCera Solutions is a hyperbranched polymer. It is distinctive and depends largely on the amount and length of branching. It is typically harder than other polymers or waxes of similar melting points. Enhances the hardness of soft waxes and possesses mold release for polyurethane foam. Has formulation flexibility, enhanced solubility in solvents, pour point depressant, lower congeal point and modify cool rate. It is crystal modifier and offers oil binding, opacification, increase hardness, solubility as well as control melt point. It is insoluble (18% EVA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

From a super quick search I looks to be manufactured by NuCera. (https://www.nucerasolutions.com/candles). maybe they have an offset or solution? Possibly clarus wax has a similar offset product in their PolyBoost product line? 

“Vybar™ 343 polymer

Technical Datasheet | Supplied by NuCera Solutions
Vybar™ 343 polymer by NuCera Solutions is a hyperbranched polymer. It is distinctive and depends largely on the amount and length of branching. It is typically harder than other polymers or waxes of similar melting points. Enhances the hardness of soft waxes and possesses mold release for polyurethane foam. Has formulation flexibility, enhanced solubility in solvents, pour point depressant, lower congeal point and modify cool rate. It is crystal modifier and offers oil binding, opacification, increase hardness, solubility as well as control melt point. It is insoluble (18% EVA.

The alternative I found was what you said Polyboost or bypol x. Don't matter now, I am just using stearic instead and it seems to be the ticket. I guess no one is buying 343 anymore so they stopped selling it, at least that is what Aztec told me. You would think since they still sell mottling wax and multipurpose wax that they would still carry it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ernie said:

The alternative I found was what you said Polyboost or bypol x. Don't matter now, I am just using stearic instead and it seems to be the ticket. I guess no one is buying 343 anymore so they stopped selling it, at least that is what Aztec told me. You would think since they still sell mottling wax and multipurpose wax that they would still carry it.

I'm so happy you found a great solution! Stearic acid isn't going anywhere, so you're SET!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, TallTayl said:

I'm so happy you found a great solution! Stearic acid isn't going anywhere, so you're SET!

Does stearic provide the same reduction in fragrance sweating that the vybar 343 did? I have a mottling wax I have been trying to get to work, which says it can hold 6% fo. I am down to 3% fo and it is still sweating out the fo. Im about to give up and look for another mottling wax. The current wax Im using is the 1286 from Aztec. Im really sad it cannot hold FO even at 4%, trying 3% tonight but the 4% tester was rather weak on Cold throw.

1 hour ago, Clear Black said:

Does stearic provide the same reduction in fragrance sweating that the vybar 343 did? I have a mottling wax I have been trying to get to work, which says it can hold 6% fo. I am down to 3% fo and it is still sweating out the fo. Im about to give up and look for another mottling wax. The current wax Im using is the 1286 from Aztec. Im really sad it cannot hold FO even at 4%, trying 3% tonight but the 4% tester was rather weak on Cold throw.

I’m not sure what the reaction would be with that wax. The % testing may have been when retail Fragrance oils were not filled with so much diluent 🤷🏻‍♀️

I did a few tests with up to 50% : 50% stearic with various liquid oils with lots of success. Was surprised. 

the stearic May or may not cause setting up issues with your wax. 

17 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I’m not sure what the reaction would be with that wax. The % testing may have been when retail Fragrance oils were not filled with so much diluent 🤷🏻‍♀️

I did a few tests with up to 50% : 50% stearic with various liquid oils with lots of success. Was surprised. 

the stearic May or may not cause setting up issues with your wax. 

I tested 3% Stearic per pound of wax last night. At 5% FO the stearic eliminated the sweating 100%, but it also eliminated the mottling 100% 😂

I will try 2% stearic tonight and wrap the jar in foil, try and slow the cool more