How long has everyone here been making candles

Been pouring for 7 years, and got started by reading the instructions on Cajun Candles website (I just love there FO's and only use their zinc wicks), and from then, just did internet searches, and try, try, try. Took about 1-1/2 yrs. to get my containers, wax, coloring, FO's and packing down to what worked! During that time, I can't tell you how many candles were "so-so".

HTH!

Carrie

I was figuring it was going to take me a year to get the hang of it to where I could start selling them but I have hope. I first thought this was going to be easy. What a fool I was! But now I'm addicited. Unfortunately, there are no classes taught in my small town. I wish I would have known that now. I have already found about 8 sites, including this one, that I am getting a lot of info off. And I have ordered some books online. Also, Not sure if any knows this but Michael's Crafts is useless!!!! I went over there to ask about wicks and they had no idea what i was talking about!

Just one more question.... I promise.

What do they call us candle makers in the professional world? Isn't it chandleir?

I was figuring it was going to take me a year to get the hang of it to where I could start selling them but I have hope. I first thought this was going to be easy. What a fool I was! But now I'm addicited. Unfortunately, there are no classes taught in my small town. I wish I would have known that now. I have already found about 8 sites, including this one, that I am getting a lot of info off. And I have ordered some books online. Also, Not sure if any knows this but Michael's Crafts is useless!!!! I went over there to ask about wicks and they had no idea what i was talking about!

What do they call us candle makers in the professional world? Isn't it chandleir?

They call me broke - lmao :laugh2:

Lol at Mizbizzyb. It is broke, for sure. And Chandler. So Broke Chandler, I guess would be the correct terminology. :) I'm still a relative newbie at just coming up on three years. Still learn something new every day, just about.

I have been making candles for about 6 years, but didnt discover this site until about 2 years ago and since discovering this site my addiction to candles has grown and everytime I look at the pics or see yummy recipces in the b&b section it makes me want to try it too!:yay: Everyone on here ROCKS!!!!!!:highfive: :yay:;)

Two and a half years, but the first year of that was just goofing around, really. I'd like to forget that first year if I could. :embarasse Started doing B&B earlier this year, and am building my website for my newly-formed business in time for the holidays. (almost there) Woohoo! :yay:

I learned to make candles when I was 16-17(54 now) from a very talented lady who lived in our rural community. I found out after her death she was active in IGCA. Worked for her in the summer then had to get a real job. When I lived in Texas I worked 6 years making candles for another lady, then 4 years off and on for myself. Damn I'm old. Ginger

Been playing with pw for 17 years off & on.

Started with soy a couple of years ago, & scents & I'm now completely hooked.

It's always been really hard to get good supplies over here so I never bothered with scent til I started with the soy & most of my FO comes from USA.

I still play with pw when I want to make pretty coloured pillars as I don't usually colour my soy.

Sally.