Wow!

Look at the shape of this candle! I have never seen anything like this, and I want that mould *lol* Does anyone know where I can get one??? Please, please :grin2: I imagine it would be a nightmare to wick with it being much narrower at the bottom than the top but for a 'forever' it would look fab!!

Anjie,x.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Basket-weave-Cream-Brown-Sqaure-Pillar-candle-VANILLA_W0QQitemZ130171986744QQihZ003QQcategoryZ16108QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Hey! I don't think you want that kind of a candle. Man it would blow or leak fiercely when you got to the bottom or leave too much on top ... BUT ... reverse that mold and I think we could find something close to it as a tapered square mold. Peak used to have something similar.

I'm thinking this person just popped a vase into silicone and made it ... Give me a chance to look at some mold places state side. Coming to mind are:

Candlechem

Peak

Let It Shine

Candles & Supplies (have a range of molds)

Candlewic (limited range of molds, but might have a polycarbonate one)

And if it means actually getting one made, I have a seller on eBay I've bookmarked because of their unique molds. Maybe they'd make ya one similar. I just don't know if they do international business.

Hi Scented. I actually thought that it would be great for embedding a votive holder for a 'forever pillar' then I looked again and thought 'but how I do that as the holder would have to be at the top end and not the bottom' iykwim? I suppose I could chunk it and lean the holder on the chunks.

Thanks.

Anjie,x.

In a silicone mold it would pretty easy to do if you went with a shape like that.

They either used a rubber or silicone mold or just turned another mold over.

I guess I just wouldn't want something like this, unless it had a wider base, standing and burning or holding something that is burning that could be knocked over easily. So it looks all cool and what not, but I am pretty sure I wouldn't be thrilled with the burn of what you showed in the picture and I wouldn't go for it if it didn't have a wider base, because I know I can be klutzy (Just ask the kitchen floor that was doused in cocoa butter recently lol)

Adding, if you're turning the mold over, you'd have three options I can think of to embed a holder. The chunk method, drilling out a hole or pushing the holder in when the wax was still pliable and forgiving (but I still think it would be a huge mess.)