** What's in your pot this week/end? **

Happy Friday everyone! Good luck to everyone with shows this weekend - hope everyone does as well as they'd like.

I'm starting labeling mode - only 4 more weekends until my big holiday fair, and one of those is Thanksgiving. I've got 500 soaps and 300 lip balms to label. My printer will be humming.

And I might get in some lavender bubble balls - I haven't made any all year and I just thought of some gift packaging that might work.

What's up at your place?

I've got two shows this weekend! Two on Saturday and the one continues into Sunday. I've got a friend manning one of my booths while I do the other show!

Then it's order like crazy on Monday to for for yet another two day show coming up over Thanksgiving weekend!:shocked2:

My wax just increased again as well. As I'm being forced to raise the price on my candles next year, they are selling out this year!

And at the same time, I continue to research CP soap, lotions and lip balms both here and at the Dish!:cheesy2:

Fire

A show and a home party. Dunno that I will make either as the brakes on the care seem to be in a very sad way. We'll see. Otherwise, I'm in the remaking stage and my luck with remakes is that they will just sit till next year lol. One more week of making and I'm done for the year, unless there's a special order.

My historically biggest home show/ open house is tonight, so I was up last night til 1 am finishing up the last few details and today I'm packing and inventorying finished products so I know how much I have of what at any given time...

Then Saturday afternoon is a local craft show that I MEANT to scope last year and didn't and I didn't participate this year cause I didn't scope last year, so I'm thinking I should go out there to walk around so I will know for next year. This area tends to be alot of resellers vs handcrafts, so I don't think this is a show for me, but I should make sure...

-Kristi

I finished a few local orders and I have to deliver. The hardest part I think is boxing stuff up, so they won't break during delivery. I also have a show tomorrow. Since it is only 1 day I can handle that. I will be the only candle person there so I better make sure I have plenty of stuff to sell. I am going to make a few dipped animals that I really want to take to the show. I have a squirrel that I have been wanting to dip....I hope this show does well.

Won't get much done at all. We have a Veteran's Day parade tomorrow, ceremony, dinner. I'm stuck doing the buddy poppy stuff this afternoon at the post office, which will probably end with a few beers with the girls afterwards. Sunday will be more veteran's stuff more than likely.

I am going to try and crank out another batch of cp soap(hopefully my new Berts FO will be in today)

but my main project for awhile is to get a new shopping cart built for my website as well as update the new soaps I have made and haven't got up on it yet.

I also need to add the ornies to the site as well

so for me it is going to be a website weekend

I ended up with a tiny break in the holiday orders as my big client went on vacation before she got her and her DIL's orders in to me.

Lots of labelling and packaging. 2 weeks till my first craft fair :shocked2: freaking out.

Not sure I'll be taking enough stock, but its only on for 4hours.

I'm also doing an inventory of it all this weekend. Then more pillars, maybe a couple of dipped bears if I get round to it.

BUt daughters 4th birthday on Sunday so most of then will be out the window

People at the office have found out i make candles and have been placing orders. I'm going to be making orders all weekend, and going to the Williamsburg Pottery Outlet to find some containers for candles =)

It's nice to have an answer to my wife now when she asks me what i'm going t odo with all the candles i'm making. =) Sell them!!!!!

I had double shows today, I was going to do one and my friend was going to do the other. Since mine canceled, my friends giving me a break so I can make more stock.

Also have to come up with an agreement since a friend of mine wants to sell some of my candles on the side.

Pink Sugar

Cinnamon Roll

Pumpkin Spice

Spiced Plum

Red Hot

Orange Clove

Sugar Cookie

etc.............

Mindy :)

I've never done a show or a house party..this weekend will be spent soaping and not candling..I have to pour masters for all of my christmas soap molds so I can get photos so I can get these soaps listed on ebay. Any leftover time will be spent pouring ice candles. My customers are all telling me it's time for 'nog candles..so spiced cranberries and eggnog, pumpkin and eggnog and just plain eggnog pillars. Nothing overly exciting..plus with ice candles it will take a day or two to actually get the pillars poured...hope all of you with shows and house parties break the bank!

I am going to try and crank out another batch of cp soap(hopefully my new Berts FO will be in today)

but my main project for awhile is to get a new shopping cart built for my website as well as update the new soaps I have made and haven't got up on it yet.

I also need to add the ornies to the site as well

so for me it is going to be a website weekend

I ended up with a tiny break in the holiday orders as my big client went on vacation before she got her and her DIL's orders in to me.

Hey Burnt Mill...just wanted to say I checked out your site...very nice! And this is the meanest lookin' candle...I may have to get me one of 'em!! (the brown swirl on the right). You've got great stuff in that gallery~!

post-1683-139458436885_thumb.jpg