melting wax

If you search the forums for "Presto pot," you will find your answer. The correct name is the Presto Kitchen Kettle available at big box stores for about $20. Another good search would be for "turkey fryer" as many folks use those and they have a larger capacity than does the Presto.

HTH :)

My first pot was a Dazey Crock pot with the crock removed. As it turns out, it was the best pot I tried until my turkey fryer. Dazey is out of business now, but they made the best of the pots. You can still find them on the internet if you Google "Dazey". The Presto's are not as good, but are the only ones available.

You can shop around Wal mart in the crock pot section, but make sure with the crock out, there are no holes in the bottom of the metal section. Most have a hole in the middle. If I were buying today, I'd get one with the hole, and plug it with a bolt & nut. The crock pots with the crocks out provide a larger capacity than the Presto's.

Fredron