My Mr.Do Right Experience

BlackCrow

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I purchased one of those 3 in 1 molds from mr.doright on ebay. AFTER I had purchased it, paid for it etc I found out and read all the feedback on here about his molds and as well as some negative feedback from customers on ebay. I placed my order back in Sepetmber and paid for it all on the same day right away. Then I waited and waited. I beleive it was like two weeks later I had not received it or received word that it was even shipped so I emailed him and asked him if my order was shipped. He responded immediatly and apologised saying that he had misplaced/forgotten my order(he blamed himself) and said something about the fact that i was a new ebay buyer and he got confused??? HUH???? Yes, his mold was only my second purchase via ebay but unless I am wrong I dont see what that has to do with why he misplaced my order. I mean he would have received word of the purchase and an email about the payment. I paid I beleive $38 for the mold and about that same amount for the shipping which I thought was ALOT for a mold to be shipped to me.(it is being shipped to Canada.) Anyway, after he apologised he refunded me the price of the mold and just kept the shipping fees as an "I'm sorry" for misplacing my order. I thought this was really nice of him and was pleased that he corrected his error right away and did that to make up for the delay. My order finally entered into canada October 1st and sat ...I dont know where...it took the post office right till almost the end of October before they sent it to me. weird. never had that happen to me.

Anyway, whenever I order something online I always check the postage paid sticker on the box to see if I was overcharged. I was....the shipping ony came to approx $25 and I paid over $30....I geuss the man got the price of his materials on his mold afterall. Now I know why he didnt mind refunding me the mold fee initially.

Anyway, i was SCARED of using the mold after what I had read on here many times about leakage etc. But I finally used it....and you know what? My mold is on level. The soap is not level. All my other molds I use I dont have this problem but this mold is not level.

Well, needless to say, I will not be ordering from him again and I only wish I had read in here first before purchasing it.I waited over a month for a lopsided mold. LOL!!! No, I wont be contacting him again about the mold problem...what can he do about it?? Just not worth the hassel.

Anyway, just wanted to add my two cents to the doright experience. Seems Mr.Doright didnt do so right by making his molds after all.:P

LOL!! Oh dear!! LOL!!! I just realised after I read your response where i posted this! LOL!! I dont know how that happend!LOL!! this is what happens when you make both candles and soaps! LOL!!!!! Yes, I would think it will defiently be moved!:rolleyes2

The post office can and will hold a package, any package at random for up to 30 days in customs. I guess yours may have been one of the lucky ones.

Maybe the guy was busy and just misplaced your order, it happens. But regardless that was very nice of him to make the mold for free and send it to you. Complaining about the small amount of additional shipping on a free mold is probably something you wouldn't want to do.

He probably gave you the mold because at that point after two weeks if you wanted you could have filed an item not received dispute with ebay and he probably did not want bad feedback either.

I don't understand the part where you say the mold is level but the soap is not. What shape was the mold of?

The soap mold? No you aren't in the right place. I'm sure you'll be moved.

Hmmmmmmmm well it is in the SOAP MAKING section...and the mold has a lot to do with soap making...lol

Anyway, I had one of these molds and HATED IT! The add said it was a 4lb mold and I think I was lucky to get a 3lb batch in it. It leaked and the soap stuck to it horribly. Would NEVER purcahse one of those molds again...I am a wooden log girl!!

Sorry you are not happy with your purchase...I think a lot of people feel that way where these molds are concerned...and then again, some love them.

I know I got the 3 in 1 mold that is supposed to hold 3lbs. It overflowed so bad, I had to put the extras in some comtainer to not waste it all. I have used it twice now and both times it was a pain to assemble, the edges were VERY sharp and it took several days to unmold the soap, and I am way too impatient to wait that long. The only bonus of it, it is very easy to wash up.

I've got 2 of the 2 lb molds, and I've been very happy with them. But, I got the 3 in 1 from the recent coop and haven't been so happy with it. It doesn't leak or anything, but I'm like Jennie--I had an overflow and was scrambling for extra containers at the last minute. Also, I don't like the size of the bars--instead of the mold being longer, it's taller. I would rather have a thicker bar than a thin tall one, if that makes any sense.

I had questions once I received the 3 lb, and he was great about getting back to me very quickly. However, I still don't understand the whole concept of the 3 in 1. If anyone is interested, I'd sell it in a heartbeat.

Mine does not leak thank goodness. I had heard of alot of others leaking and was worried about this problem. I have been ordering from across the border for years and this holding my parcel for a month was the first time it has ever happend to me.

I had heard from alot of people where he was slow to ship.....so I'm not sure if he was just overly busy or just bad with shipping items out???? who knows.

Anyway, my soap was a huge hassel to get out...I had to get hubby to help me get it out as I could not do it. Putting it back together is a pain for me. My soap came out uneven. What I mean is that one side was higher up then the other side....like it was on an unlevel surface but my table is level....I checked...so somehow, someway the mold itself is not level and so when I pop out the soap it coms out where one side is high and the other end is lower. Hope I'm exmplaing it right. Mine is supposed to be 3lbs too but it isnt...no way I can fit 3 lbs in there.

Yes, it was nice of him to offer a refund on my mold....but truth be known...i would rather my item have been shipped ontime and that it was a good mold...one that didnt give me crooked soap. I don't think there is any excuse to overcharge on shipping like that...though I know alot do it.:undecided

Well.....live and learn. I had hoped for a good experience and I got mixed feelings on it all. I think he is a nice guy...I was very glad and pleased that he responded to all my emails quickly because others left ebay feedback that he didnt respond at all....so I was pleased with that and when he realised that he was "dropping the ball" with me he made up for it with by refunding me the cost of the mold......but being that I am here in Canada and shipping costs enough as it is to come across the border...along with custom fees adde to it....I dont like being way overcharged on shipping.

I'm glad that others are pleased with his molds....but I cant use mine unless its soap just for personal use.:D

Sounds like the grooves that hold the bottom plate in the mold were not etched straight. Look to see if the grooves are done at straight lines because if the table is level, and all the side pieces are all the same size then I would guess it's the grooves. Just a thought.

I hate these molds too. Poor craftsmanship and I've had plain old M&P soap stick horribly too along with the overflow problem. they make good crayon boxes for kids tho...lol

I am so happy that you finally got it. And it was awesome of him to refund the price of the mold! I have never owned one of those molds but I am going to second the other member who said not to complain about the little extra that he charged in shipping. That is one this I almost never check because as a seller I can understand charging a bit extra for shipping than what it actually costs. No one works for free and should not have to. And to ship to Canada one has to actually drive to the post office instead of just handing the package to the mailman when he delivers your mail. Gas prices are outrageous these days. So yeah, I admit, I do tag on an extra buck or two for my out of country packages, I have to pack the kids in the car, drive 15 minutes there and back to get my out of the country packages out.

If you want molds that do not need lining made of plastic try soaphutch.com. Only rave reviews from those molds.