propay

They are kinda shadey from my experience. Personally I dont deal with companies (especially those who handle my money) that cannot be contacted by phone or mail. ProPay (at that time) only communicated through email and Live Chat.

For the price, your better off finding a merchant account. Just gotta shop around :)

Oh Quickbooks has a merchant service too---and check your bank.

I've used them for 4 years and never had a problem. It's easy and the best deal for my needs.

You have to determine how many transactions a month you'd process, then figure up your fees from ProPay compared to a standard merchant account. The nice thing about ProPay is it's super cheap if you don't use it. Merchant accounts charge you a monthly fee (usually at least $20/mo). Propay's annual fee for a basic acct works out to just over $3/mo. Yes, the rates are higher, but if your volume isn't huge, it's probably cheaper.

I've used them for 4 years and never had a problem. It's easy and the best deal for my needs.

You have to determine how many transactions a month you'd process, then figure up your fees from ProPay compared to a standard merchant account. The nice thing about ProPay is it's super cheap if you don't use it. Merchant accounts charge you a monthly fee (usually at least $20/mo). Propay's annual fee for a basic acct works out to just over $3/mo. Yes, the rates are higher, but if your volume isn't huge, it's probably cheaper.

I would really only use it when I was on the road at shows. That is why I don't want something terribly expensive that I have to pay for whether I use it or not. I thought of propay after doing a google search and it seems to be what I need. I'd want more of the 50 dollar a year package due to the ability to call in orders. How do customers take that when you have to call it in (do they even know). I just don't know how someone would take it if I called in their order especially if I had to punch in the numbers and such using my cell phone keypad. I know if it was reversed hubby wouldn't allow it in fear that they'd steal his cc number or something. Just was curious what feeling were on them.

I have used propay for shows for almost three years now and I love it. I have never had one single issue with them. I use paypal for my web orders but like you, needed something just for shows. I only do about four really big shows a year, so I did not need something I would be using every weekend.

I don't call my orders in...I tried, but it was causing too much of a back up at my check-out booth. I use a knuckle buster too and then process the cards when I get home. I make sure I get a phone number on the slip just in case there are issues. The only "issue" I have had in the three years is if one of the numbers is unreadable on the slip. It has only happened maybe three times and the customers were always very helpful when I called, giving me the correct number.

I've used Propay for a few years with no problems. I like the ability to email an invoice from their site.

I've called in sales before but it's a bit time consuming, so I would agree with the others....get a knuckle buster and call them in later.