BCN Order

lothrid

No recs. I just wanted to wish you good luck in navigating their site-youre. Gonna need it!

Thanks for the warning; however, I already stopped trying to navigate it...

Is there some sort of trick yo the BCN site or am I a moron? I can't even figure out how to add a couple of items to my cart. Wow, maybe I will search down some lye elsewhere. Too bad because I wanted to cut a serrated soap cutter and some vanilla stabilizer as well. This is just too frustrating! :mad:

Their site is VERY easy to navigate. Just go to the main shopping page, click on category you want and add items to your shopping cart. You can view cart at any time. I have been ordering from this site for going on 6 years and don't find it confusing at all. Carole

Their site is VERY easy to navigate. Just go to the main shopping page, click on category you want and add items to your shopping cart. You can view cart at any time. I have been ordering from this site for going on 6 years and don't find it confusing at all. Carole

It could just be because this is my first time ordering from them, it is not set up like any other supplier sites I frequent.

I don't care what Bugtussle says, it is a total PITA site!

I hate the fact that you have to have two separate windows going, one to read descriptions etc. and the other to actually put something in your cart-who the hell has or wants a site like that? ONLY BC! :rolleyes:

I refuse to buy from them.

Why would I want to buy from a company that has a crappy, time consuming site that they refuse to update/change to make it easier on their customers? No thanks!

I don't care what Bugtussle says, it is a total PITA site!

I hate the fact that you have to have two separate windows going, one to read descriptions etc. and the other to actually put something in your cart-who the hell has or wants a site like that? ONLY BC! :rolleyes:

I refuse to buy from them.

Why would I want to buy from a company that has a crappy, time consuming site that they refuse to update/change to make it easier on their customers? No thanks!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

How do you really feel?

Well come on, would any of one of us make a website for our products like THAT?

I think not! We want prospective customers to have the easiest way possible to order. We don't want them to become frustrated and leave, right?

Or, if you DID in fact have a site like that and you rec'd complaints about it (I've never personally complained, it's not worth it to me, but over the years have read how many have) wouldn't you change it?

Now I realize that BCN has many faithful customers and is quite successful, more power to them I guess, but I don't know of any other company big or small that isn't always trying to improve upon what they have and make MORE money!

For BCN to just totally ignore prospective customers, IMO just gives them an air about them that says, "we don't need/want your business nor your money".

It also leads me to believe that they don't really even care enough about their EXISTING customers to give them the easiest way of shopping their site.

Very arrogant IMO!

it's really not hard. i click on the shopping cart, then click on my first item to order. it then goes to a page to get your zip, etc. then i just hit my back button and go back to where i want in the cart. every time i add something, i just hit the back button and walla....so i don't see what's so frustrating about it.

it's really not hard. i click on the shopping cart, then click on my first item to order. it then goes to a page to get your zip, etc. then i just hit my back button and go back to where i want in the cart. every time i add something, i just hit the back button and walla....so i don't see what's so frustrating about it.

I wouldn't think you would say anything else Laura, considering you're a moderator on their candle forum.

I don't think it's hard, but what a total PITA waste of time-time is precious to most people!

i click on the shopping cart, then click on my first item to order. it then goes to a page to get your zip, etc. then i just hit my back button and go back to where i want in the cart. every time i add something, i just hit the back button

Tell me, have you ever seen any other site set up like theirs? And would you set YOUR site up like that?

It all comes down to whether it's worth it to whomever is trying to navigate and or shop on their site.

BCN has nothing on their site that I need/want that I can't find on some other more user friendly site. I want to give my business to companies that go that extra mile (or even 1/2 mile) and make me feel like I matter to them just by having a nice, inviting, easy to use site.

And like I stated in my earlier post, I just feel like it's a slap in the face to their customers and/or prospective ones. It just screams, "We don't care about making things smooth or easy for you, either buy from us or don't, we don't care either way!!"

And for the record, I KNOW that Doneen is aware of complaints etc. as she posted a couple/few years back how she was going to change the site and make it easier, etc. She just never did.

Hi,

I am placing a BCN order...any must haves I should be looking for? Tools, oils, etc?

Assuming that the website no longer confuses or intimidates you...

BCN has good prices on some oils that can be tricky to find locally. Rice Bran is one that leaps to mind.

Not the best site for soaping tools, but they've got a few...

Be sure to check the "Scents that Rock" sticky thread for the long list of BCN scents that have been proven to work well in cp. The scent review board has a few suggestions to offer as well.

If you're thinking of trying lip balms, their flavor oils and lip balm base get rave reviews. again, the scent review board can help you narrow down your list to the best ones.

Be sure to register with their message board over there too. It's a great resource for picking up tricks and insider info on using their oils in various applications.

Good Luck! I'm getting my next BCN order reay here too. On my list; Wildberry Zinger Tea and Dreamsicle FOs

OH!! Don't forget to request the samples you want!! I think they give new customers 3 1/2oz. bottles and if you don't indicate your choices you'll get potluck.

I wouldn't think you would say anything else Laura, considering you're a moderator on their candle forum.

that has nothing to do with why i posted my opinion, but i'm not surprised some would feel that way. i order from several suppliers, several of which i have to hit the back button a few times. to me it's just not a big deal like it is to others. could it be better? sure.i'm not denying that; i just don't think it's THAT big of a deal that i would go elsewhere, or assume there is a hidden message of intent to repel customers behind it,lol!!!

i certainly don't envy them with having to change theirs; with all that inventory... but they do have someone new working on theirs, and it's taking longer than they had hoped.