Kosher Candles

That's an interesting question. There's such a thing on the market as kosher candles but I don't think using those is such a strict requirement since they aren't eaten.

I think it should stay kosher as long as you don't add anything non-kosher. To be safe, avoid solid dyes that could have stearic acid in them that's possibly derived from animal fat. Fragrance oil is an unknown.

Personally I think you could call them kosher or at least made from kosher wax, but I wouldn't make a big thing of it unless I got them certified as such.

I honestly don't know why people have to use the word natural at all, because in many, many cases it's a blatant false statement. There isn't anything natural about the way the soy bean is processed to make the wax or the synthetics used in the FO's and dyes. Why not just say Handpoured soy candles using kosher wax.......that is honest!! :cool2:

I honestly don't know why people have to use the word natural at all, because in many, many cases it's a blatant false statement. There isn't anything natural about the way the soy bean is processed to make the wax or the synthetics used in the FO's and dyes. Why not just say Handpoured soy candles using kosher wax.......that is honest!! :cool2:

ChrisR, I couldn't agree more except I would include the use of the term "100% soy," There is no such thing unless one is using Crisco and I am not sure that is even 100% soy!

I couldn't agree with this more. No one should use natural in their descriptions.

I would think you are going to get alot of people asking questions on how do you know they are kosher. And trying to prove it would be a big problem. I think if you can get a copy of your product being kosher from wherever you purchased it would be helpful to you and your customers.

If you aren't 100% sure the end product is kosher then PLEASE do not advertise them as such. This includes everything you put in it. Orthodox Jews are very serious about their religious beliefs and practices and this is nothing to play with. An Orthhodox Jew not keeping kosher is akin to a sin. They even have seperate pots and pans and cooking utencils for their kosher meals. You might want to talk to the Rabbi first to see where their synagog stands on the issue.

If you aren't 100% sure the end product is kosher then PLEASE do not advertise them as such. This includes everything you put in it. Orthodox Jews are very serious about their religious beliefs and practices

I agree, Latenight. "Kosher" is not a marketing come-on like "all natural" - it is a fundamental belief of this religion and should be respected.