Kitchen Aid Mixer

Chauna1

If you are just getting into B&B, I can tell you that investing in a KA mixer is NOT necessary. Yes, they are great to have, last forever. But not a necessity by any means. A regular, heavy duty hand held mixer will work for most anything you need to make. The difference in a KA and hand mixer is a bit notable making whipped butters, but not enough to spend 250.00 on something you will only use once in a while. Just my two cents.

Maybe I need to clarify. I have been making B&B for about 6 months and want a KA for the future so I can produce larger amounts at a time instead of small amounts like I have been doing.

I also would like to know where I can purchase a KA not exactly how a person got their KA. LOL. I wish Santa would bring me one but I don't think my Santa can afford one right now. LOL. I am looking to buy one myself.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Chauna

I got mine off of Amazon.com. They were running a special (it was around Mother's Day) and I got it for $199 plus free shipping PLUS a free attachment!!! :yay: (Of course you only get to choose from a select few attachments, but I got the grinder/chopper attachment and love it!) The special was only on the white ones, too. But that's okay because all of my appliances are white anyway so it worked out! Would you believe I haven't even used it for B&B, just food! LOL

I've got a couple of them and the last one I bought I bought off Ebay. You have to be careful and make sure you aren't buying a reconditioned one. I paid less than $150 for a brand new one. Just have to be patient and keep checking. Again make sure you aren't buying a reconditioned one (read the fine print!)

Good Luck,

MB

I got the 575 watt professional from QVC for around $400 with tax, etc. I believe there was a rebate offer with it at the time.

It's faster at whipping butter than my Sunbeam stand mixer, but the Sunbeam will get the job done. The Sunbeam stand mixer also has a couple of features that I prefer over the KA. That's not to say I don't love the KA!

Today at Wallyworld they had the KA Heritage model for $98!!

I had my kids with me and I stopped dead in my tracks and said, "Ohhh I want this sooooo bad!"

To which my daughter said, "well, your b-day and Christmas is coming up, so you never know" :)

They come in several different colors also.

Are you sure it was a KA for $98? I just looked at them tonite when I was at hellmart, I mean Walmart. The Sunbeam Heritage was $98 and the Kitchen Aide was $198 :( I did really like the looks of one of the Sunbeams. It seemed to have similar features to the Kitchen Aide and only one Sunbeam model had the whisk attachment in addition to the beaters and dough hooks.

I might need to check out some other Walmarts in my area for KA's to see if one of them has them for that price.

Nope it was a Kitchen Aid, cuz I saw it from about a mile away and beelined over to it, and couldn't believe it. I was stroking the box while pining for it. LOL :D

I think I should just go back tomorrow and buy it for my B-day, cuz maybe they're mismarked or something, or maybe they'll be all gone in a week cuz of the price. I would be sooo mad.

:laugh2: I would have stroked it too. I was looking at them to tell my kids EXACTLY which mixer I want. If I don't tell them everything down to the model number, price etc, it is no telling what they would bring home.

I am going to check other walmarts now. That is a deal that can NOT be passed up, even if I have to sell or give away my first born child to do it lol

Thanks for the heads up!!

I got the professional series, most expensive, but definitely worth it because this model offers the optional "water jacket" accessory app. $59 which you order from the company. It attaches to the bottom of the bowl & you can add ice/hot water while you are making something. The water jacket saves time because you don't have to stop everything while you put the bowl, for instance, in the fridge to cool down.