Website feedback requested please..

blt212

Nattycat has given me the courage to ask for feedback from the forum. I've checked out many of your sites and I know mine has a ways to go to compare. For example, I'm working on more candle photos but wanted to get feedback mostly on the ease of navigation and also on my CT River Theme. I also have the website on my candle labels too. If nothing else it gives customers a place to review fragrances and other info. I used BlueVoda to create it and found it very easy....I have done one other website in Frontpage but that's about it for my experience....

Thanks in advance.

That's good because it was a workaround to not being able to figure out the whole dropdown menu scent selection thing :smiley2:

I was thinking of putting a photo of each container next to the descriptions but opted for providing the labels photos throughout....still thinking about it. Taking those photos and then editting them are such a pain in the neck!

Looking good, Brenda!

I like how your scent names match the CT river theme. Very clever.

One little suggestion, maybe a border around "CT River Candles" at the top of the page will make it stand out more.

I use Blue Voda too. Gotta love it! Have you tried the logo maker?

I've finished all the changes that were suggested and it does look alot better. It really helps to have others providing these suggestions - after awhile and 100 publishes, I can't see the most obvious stuff.

Patience: I haven't tried the BlueVoda logo maker yet but maybe I'll take a look. I'm just not really very artistic but could play with some initials like CTRC. My husband actually took the photos for the website. :smiley2:

Thanks again.

its on every page but like I said its probally just me, as for browser lol I have no clue, kinda like a car I know it has 4 wheels and I can get in and drive...other then that I am clueless when it comes to anyting else to include computers, I just get on and type:laugh2:

I didn't see a size listed for the candles.. unless i overlooked it... I realize you're just working on this, but just in case...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your names of the scents. That is very creative!!! I like the theme...

The logo across the top could stand out a little more... Not sure how though... the picture on the right is smaller than the other one so that caught my eye right away.

All in all I think you've got a great idea and website going!! I wish you the best of luck!!!

Heather

edited to add that i do see it on the home page now that i went back, but if most "customers" are like me, they won't read it on that page... I would suggest having it on the same page right under the candles. Maybe that program will allow you to put a little blurb about the candles? like approx. how long they burn, etc? other things customers will want to know-and "why" they should buy your candles...

Thanks again everyone for the great feedback.

Heather - I've fixed the header again, evened out the photo's etc. Can you believe I didn't even notice the difference in the photo sizes. OMG, I need new glasses. I also added 16oz to each of the candle descriptions....you're right it was hard to find on the home page. I'll have to add something about burn time - I just remember while testing it seemed like they would never stop burning :smiley2:

I'm still trying to get the word out about the website...haven't gotten any orders from it yet but I have still have hope.....

HeavenscentU - my dog drives me crazy - he's always trying to escape which is very scary because while we live near the water, we also live near a very busy road. Tried the underground fences and just above everything else. What you don't see in the photo of him in the water is a long rope tied to a tree. I think he would swim up river to Hartford. He's a 7 year old lab that acts like a 6 month old puppy still! What kind of dog(s) do you have?

Brenda-love the changes.. the same size picture really makes it... & the size on the bottom of each candle description is perfect!!!

gdawg-i live in Mobridge-up north on the Missouri-almost into North Dakota. I used to live near sioux falls in a small town called Hurley-I miss living there!!!

I have a black lab too, i never would have thought to make a river dog like you did. Breanda, do you mind if i ask where you found such a cute lab that dipped so well? It looks like it has a little bit longer fur than most i've found. It would make a great xmas present for my hubby. I love doing the wax dipped "critters". They are so much fun and not a TON of work if you start with the right kind of animal.

Don't fret about your website.. I've had mine for almost a year and no orders-except a gal i know and she just ordered from my website because it was easier to pay... I'm thinking of changing providers-not because i'm not happy with the service, but I pay $20 for nothing... It is looked at by people who want to order and then just call me, so i don't want to get rid of it, but it would be nice if i could get more orders because of it...

Heather

Glad you liked the changes......the river dog is a 9" Kohair made by Douglas Toys. They have a website where you can order Yellow, Chocolates and Black Labs as well as many other dogs and also in other sizes. Just don't call them like I did and ask about wholesale pricing for dipping their plush in wax.....they did not want to hear about anything to do with their plush being dipped in wax. I was hoping to get them at a better price because once you add shipping, they can get a bit pricey and hard to really make any money on at all. I have some yellow plush "not dipped" but I'm assuming you're looking for black labs. Someone was also looking into a Co-op from First and Main which had some nice plush dogs but I'm not sure there's enough interested. Russ toys also has nice plush dogs if you need specific breeds.

Brenda i love your shoppe. It is clean and fresh looking and the pictures are wonderful. Remember when selling online especially you have to get your name out there and advertise when and where ever you can. I've been selling online my dolls about 4 years now and this year is the first year i made a profit. It is so worth the time and effort it takes to get your product and name out there. Hollar at me if you want and i can tell you some **FREE** ways to help ya too.

hugs

Sandi