Cloth Dolls

gloworm

Here are 4 dolls I just finished for a Christmas order. The lady who ordered them bought 2 from me 25 years ago when I did a lot of dolls. She tracked me down from my signature on the old doll she still had. She has 4 grandchildren now and wants a doll for each of them. Never thought I'd be doing this again but I am pleased how they turned out. The last doll is my favorite-my Grandson Mattie with his Steeler hat on.

Glo

post-97-139458436806_thumb.jpg

post-97-13945843681_thumb.jpg

post-97-139458436811_thumb.jpg

post-97-139458436812_thumb.jpg

post-97-139458436812_thumb.jpg

Thank You!! It was kind of funny-I was rather worried about doing these and procrastinated quite a bit. Never did find my actual pattern for the boy doll. Just kind of "winged" it from a similar pattern and made up the pieces I was missing. As each step came that I was worried about it all just kind of came back. Must be like they say about riding a bike-you never forget. Sure made me see how bad my eyes are getting though-threading the needles was the worst part. The only thing I needed to buy to complete these was a new long needle. All the rest including the socks & shoes & hair came from my scraps of this & that. I used to work in a fabric/craft store. LOL

Glo

Well the lady hates the clothing on the girls and insists I make new ones. I've never heard of someone who hates frilly dolls but apparently she does. So I'm off to make plain lavender dresses, pantaloon & shoes. Just a touch of pink lace is all she wants. So much for going the extra mile to make pretty frilly outfits. She had said she wanted pink & purple so I just went for patterns in those shades-never had someone so picky before.

Glo

Those are so darling. I love what you did. I used to make dolls and had so much fun making wigs and "curly" hair wigs. If someone asked me to make one now I don't think I could. I guess I forgot how to do it.....I am getting too old. Thanks for sharing. They made me smile. Donita

Wow Donita-thank you. Means so much when you guys who do such wonderful work of your own admire something I did. Did redo the clothing for the lady and she is very happy now. The new clothes are very blah to me and I would never have made them for someone unless they asked for them, but to each his own!! :wink2:

OMG!!:drool: I never liked dolls when I was a kid (I was too tomboy.) I dont' remember playing with dolls, but I WANT THE BLONDE DOLL!! :shocked2:

I would imagine that these dolls must cost a mint! I love the quality of these dolls!! It's a shame you don't make them anymore! I'm sure you'd need 24 hrs more in a day to juggle all you do?? :bow:

I would have Loved them just the way they were!!

Sorry for rambling, I just really love those!! :o