Is there a 'natural' way to color wax?

Micas don't dissolve, so they could/would clog your wick and give your candle a lousy burn. Most natural dyes (like for soaps) are water soluble and wouldn't mix with the wax. The best 'natural' color is to leave it uncolored and let the wax take on any color hue of your essential oils or whatever you are using to scent them. :cool2:

Some suppliers have soy dye blocks, but it is usually only available in primary colors and you have to mix your own colors from those. I can't remember much today, so can't help you with a supplier name, but maybe if you search on soy dye. I don't dye my candles, so I can't go look for you either...sorry!

Some suppliers have soy dye blocks, but it is usually only available in primary colors and you have to mix your own colors from those. I can't remember much today, so can't help you with a supplier name, but maybe if you search on soy dye. I don't dye my candles, so I can't go look for you either...sorry!

Try Northstar Candle Supply- their dye blocks are veggie-based. I use them for primary colors for those who prefer their candles as natural as possible.

There are a lot of dying plants you could try. Maybe just pour some into hot wax, leave it there until some color is extracted, then let it run through a fine sieve. Might work. Or not if the color is only water-soluble, just don't know.

You'd only get a small range of colors like, olive, brown, red, blue, yellow, orange...in several shades and hues.

Plants are e.g. annatto, camomille, alkanna, birch leaves, rapsberry leaves, walnut shells, walnut leaves, different dying woods etc.