one pour wax sinks slightly in the middle...

Using 4630 Harmony Blend in a 4 oz jelly jar. I know this is a one pour wax. My recent candles do have a bit of a depression in the middle around the wick-more than usual. My concern is that a 1/4" wick trim will tend to drown as the wax around the outside catches up and the melt pool deepens. I am debating remelting the tops with my heat gun or trimming the wicks a little longer. Any opinions out there? I will be retesting this candle anyway but just thought would throw this out and see what anyone has to say. Thanks!

You noted that the change was recent. Has your weather gotten cooler? Did this coincide with the change?

Just a thought -- you might try letting them cool in an insulated environment to allow more slow cooling. That may help the depression. You could put the cooling candles in a box and surround with wadded up newspaper. Or put them in an insulated beverage cooler to cool.

We do notice a bit of a "dip" in our 10 oz apothecarys, but due to the width of the jar, it isn't very noticeable.

I LOVE the one pour and wouldn't trade it for anything BUT I did notice when we were using J223 and did a second pour, the tops were nice and flat! :)

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate every answer. Yes, it has gotten a lot cooler lately! Went from 90 every day to 80! :laugh2: Also, I think I poured at too high of a temp for this wax. I did another batch, different scent, the same day and it looks better. Well, tonight I have a date with the heat gun. Maybe I'll try one of each- with and without the heat gun on the top, and see what happens. But I'll heat gun most of them since they are for a show.