Just whats safe to sprinkle on a candle?

Not sure about sugar type stuff, but I have seen 'Diamond Dust' at Brambleberry. I THINK I recall that it's ok for candles.

Also- this is just a guess- but i'm pretty sure that if you can find scrapbooking type glitter that is glass (surprisingly a lot of it is), seems to me that would not ignite. You would want to test probably by actually sprinkling some over a lit candle.

Crazy mad scientists we are!

had a search and its diamond dust (well what I've seen on the pillars is) the bakery pies still looks finer like icing sugar.

Going to check if I can find diamond dust in the UK, never looked for it before so unsure if we have it. Will try my big hobbycraft store tomorrow. If not, I'll have to check postage from US.

Forhisglory, what do you mean by sugar sprinkles? do you mean the tiny coloured oblong bits you put on cupcakes?

thanks x

had a search and its diamond dust (well what I've seen on the pillars is) the bakery pies still looks finer like icing sugar.

Going to check if I can find diamond dust in the UK' date=' never looked for it before so unsure if we have it. Will try my big hobbycraft store tomorrow. If not, I'll have to check postage from US.

[b'] Forhisglory, what do you mean by sugar sprinkles? do you mean the tiny coloured oblong bits you put on cupcakes?

thanks x

They are the tiny colored balls you sprinkle, mainly, on sugar cookies.

i saw some candles at my local drugstore that had "toppings" on the wicked candles. out of curiousity i picked one off-they actually "fell off" and it melted in my hand easily so i tasted it and it was a sweet candy taste. they also had one with an "apple" embed that was sprinkled with what appeared to be cinnamon, so i tasted and yep, real cinnamon. so, i guess if "big" candle companies can do it, i don't see why we can't. the sprinkles were near the wick so it must not be a fire hazard?

I only make wickless candles and tarts, so i've been putting that kind of stuff on my "melts"-it's not going to hurt since it only gets warmed up.

Heather

I use the ultra fine glitter found in the scrapbooking section of the craft store on one of my scents and it does alter the burn a bit, but doesn't seem to ignite after a million tests.

I also recently used gold mica in a couple of testers (my daughter wants gold and red candles for her oriental themed bedroom) and OMG I was having the most fun stirring this around in the hot wax-very psychedelic man! LOL

It didn't have the swirly look after it cooled but still very pretty and when it burns the mica moves in the meltpool-more entertaiment (doesn't take much for me to have fun I guess LOL).

The mica did alter the burn quite a bit and I'm going to have to wick up with this particular scent/mica combo.

I've never tried real sugar but I would think it would burn and be a fire hazard (think creme brulee-how they fire the sugar on top)

If you can't find any over there I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much to ship from here (mica and/or glitter) since it's so light!

I use the ultra fine glitter found in the scrapbooking section of the craft store on one of my scents and it does alter the burn a bit, but doesn't seem to ignite after a million tests.

I also recently used gold mica in a couple of testers (my daughter wants gold and red candles for her oriental themed bedroom) and OMG I was having the most fun stirring this around in the hot wax-very psychedelic man! LOL

It didn't have the swirly look after it cooled but still very pretty and when it burns the mica moves in the meltpool-more entertaiment (doesn't take much for me to have fun I guess LOL).

The mica did alter the burn quite a bit and I'm going to have to wick up with this particular scent/mica combo.

I've never tried real sugar but I would think it would burn and be a fire hazard (think creme brulee-how they fire the sugar on top)

If you can't find any over there I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much to ship from here (mica and/or glitter) since it's so light!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sugar frosting dazzle dust-Rustic Essentials sells it. On her website go to the dazzle dust icon under candle supplies. Sugar frosting is about the 2nd one down on that page.

ooh thanks, thats the stuff. I just checked the postage to UK on there though, and its coming out at $74 !! only for 16oz lol, think the weight must be wrong. I'll email.