wickless candles,

jennifer

how long do they last? I have tried a search and found very little information regarding this. if a customer were to ask this, I suppose my answer would be well it depends on the wattage of you burner and how often (if ever) you turn off the warmer. From my own use it seems that allowing the wax to re-solidify occasionally pumps the scent back up somehow (i would love to know why or if i'm just getting use to the scent).

Anyway TIA

The type of wax you use has a huge bearing on how long it will last. I've made them in both soy and palm and the soy lasted much longer for me. I use tins and it's a waste of beautiful palm wax anyway. Also certain fo's seem to last longer. I've had a black tea fo/soy wax in a 4 oz tin for over 2 months and it still throws! I've had some last 2 weeks, so there are a lot of variables that go into HT which is why I hesitate to tell anyone how long it will last. I usually have my warmer going all day between 8-16 hours (sometimes overnight.)

Some of our scents last longer than others. We have a few that can be used 8-10 hours a day for a couple months and they are still going strong. (My future daughter-in-law works in a dentist's office and runs hers every day)

Then we have others that she needs to replace in approximately 3 - 4 weeks.

I really should ask her if she would write down this info...I SHOULD know this when people ask me. I didn't realize until I was typing this that I have a great "tester" right there and am not taking advantage of it!! Shame on me!;)

...I've had some last 2 weeks, so there are a lot of variables that go into HT which is why I hesitate to tell anyone how long it will last. I usually have my warmer going all day between 8-16 hours (sometimes overnight.)

I agree with this. That's why if someone were to ask I would really not want to state a time period. As far as testing, well obviously I can do that, but how long I smell something can vary greatly by how long another person smells something. So since it isn't like traditional candles which do burn away I was curious about what other people say.

Thank you all

If possible I would concentrate on confirming a MINIMUM amt of time they can expect. And from there you can explain how the multitudes of variables prevent a definitive time frame. You might then explain that though they may be used to hearing that a candle will burn for 'this' # of hrs, it's completely different with melts due to the afforementioned variables... but that it is your policy to strive for a certain minimum of time, when testing wax and fragrances.

I could not at this point answer this one very well myself though. I just enjoy them until I get bored of them, (and that is no where near as long as a month!) . Nor am I a very official tester, as I am more interested in just learning what throws and having the instant gratification:rolleyes2