forever candles

I am a newbie and still learning. I have seen the forever candles that people are posting and I want to know how to make those. Where do you purchase the inserts? Can someone please give me a little insight on these type of candles? Thank you.

Hi there.

I am in the UK so I don't know where you would get hold of some of the glass inserts for t-lights in the US.

To make them I seal off the open end of the t-light glass with blue tac (mould sealer??) and push it into place, upside down, in the mould I am using - making sure that it is centred and covering the wick hole. Then I pour my candle as usual. Once I have done my 2nd pour and the candle has set up COMPLETELY I push a thin wick pin through to wick hole until it touches the glass insert inside and push hard until the blue tac releases and the candle slides free of the mould. At this point you may need to remove any excess blue tac stuck around the glass insert but you can do this easily enough by rolling some fresh blue tac over it and it will come free leaving the candle top clean.

HTH.

Anjie,x.

Do you have an AC Moore near you? I get mine from there. Some other craft stores might have them.

I tried the AC Moore, but the only type of tea light holders I could find are the type you pour tea light candles into, they are too small to hold tea lights that are already made, is that right?

Is there a special name for them? Are they suppose to be so small? Please help me.:confused:

Do you have an AC Moore near you? I get mine from there. Some other craft stores might have them.

I tried the AC Moore, but the only type of tea light holders I could find are the type you pour tea light candles into, they are too small to hold tea lights that are already made, is that right?

Is there a special name for them? Are they suppose to be so small? Please help me.:confused:

Let me find a photo for you. Maybe your AcMoore doesn't carry them. The ones I like the best are in the candle aisle, I think in with the taper holders.

• 4 months later...

Hi Cathy,

I know this is an old thread, but I am trying to make forever candles for a wedding.

You said you put chunck in the mold, then set the glass tealight holder on top of the chunks. Do you do your over pour after the tealight is in place, or before?

Also, what type of wax do you use for the chunks and over pour for a pillar? I have done chunk candles in a container, in the past I have used 4794 for the chunks, with my container blend as the over pour.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Cathy,

I know this is an old thread, but I am trying to make forever candles for a wedding.

You said you put chunck in the mold, then set the glass tealight holder on top of the chunks. Do you do your over pour after the tealight is in place, or before?

Also, what type of wax do you use for the chunks and over pour for a pillar? I have done chunk candles in a container, in the past I have used 4794 for the chunks, with my container blend as the over pour.

Thanks for any help.

Hi If I remember correctly 4794 is a pillar wax right? You can use it for both the chunks & the overpour. I fill the mold with chunks most of the way then set my holder on top, put a few more chunks around the holder then do my overpour. Hope this helps you. I use palm wax for mine.