Electric Candle

Are electric candles really hard to make or is it as simple as I have read to just pour wax into mold ,take out and add the light socket W/H cord? I have been putting off making them but when I read it sounds so simple.Where is the best place to buy a nice mold that someone has actually had experience with and knows they will come out easily? I would like to try these but dont have much patience to fool with something that wont release from a mold and would like to get a nice mold for the money.Thanks so much for any information you could give me if you dont want to give your info.then please p.m. me...Thanks again!

Hi liberty......there are different ways to make them. I don't know how you want yours to look. A lot of people do them in a rustic mold....one made of silicone. I make mine with balloons. I make an orb then cut out the bottom and add the socket. It is easy if you know how do to it and you will only find out if you try one. Everything is about experimenting. My first ones were not the best, but with help from people on CT I learned how to do them. I saw your other post about size.....they can't be too small or the heat from the bulb can be a problem. Probably a round 4" would be fine, but I do 5" to 6" orbs. Just my preference. I have little silicone "plugs" that I place in the bottom. Then cut around that when the wax is cooled. Donita

WoW Balloons,How? I have a large mold that is a hurricane mold ordered from Peaks I had thought about rying to use and only fill so far but I love the grubby look and I dont think this would work..Thanks Donita for your reply!

I have a large hurricane mold,Could I use that and then grub the outside of it (like making a cake candle) to get the same look I would with the grubby silicone mold for electric candles,I know I would have to make a hole for the light socket but wouldnt it be the same?