Would you add vanilla to bayberry?

Wick'n'Wax

Hiya

I've been using some bayberry to dip some pine cones. I have more cones to do and some of the wax left, but because these cones are longer, the wax isn't deep enough in the pot (following? lol), so I need to add more wax, but I have no bayberry left. I could order some but need to get on with these now.

I was going to add an fo that 'went' with the bayberry, but the only thing I have that I think may work, is vanilla.

Any suggestions? would this work?

thanks

I don't know what it smells like. Shove some ground coffee under you nose to clear what ails you long enough to sniff. I don't know if it will work though.

Just about anything can be combined with bayberry. IMO it's a little like vanilla in that it's pretty versatile. Now pine fragrances may just kill the bayberry smell. Got spices of any kind? Any cranberry? Cinnamon? Apple?

I thought the pine in christmas wreath would mix with the bayberry as it has pine and berries in.

i keep getting a faint whiff of toilet cleaner rofl. I have a tiny bit of cinnamon left, maybe 0.5oz but its VERY strong........

can I really have bayberry, vanilla, christmas wreath AND cinnamon all in the same mix?

ooh the thought :D

jeez' date=' gonna need loads of wax, these cones are so long.

[/quote']

The easier solution would be to transfer the wax into something wider and more shallow for dipping. That would sure make your problem disappear...or dip them half and half.

so......today I can smell a little better, I can smell the pie crust I'm making. However, yesterdays mix smells of complete nothingness lol.

Is it poss to put too much fo in? no can't be, what a daft question. Every time I added more wax, I added the correct amount of fo. Strange, will have another sniff in a day or so