if you are a newbie.....

TwinMom

I don't think m&P will prepare you for cp, hp or ls soap making. I Think you will learn how to play with colors and pour it in molds and that's my understanding of melt and pour. It's really pretty, though. I would try a very basic recipe using two of the cheapest oils you can find and no colorant or fragrance, just to give you a easy place to start.

I'd do a 50/50 coconut & lard Room temp and be done with it.

HTH

Thanks, that is a great video.....as much as I said I would never get involved in bath and body or soap, now that my friend is getting into it, it looks fun and some of the soaps i have seen on this site are gorgeous....cheez this site is one addiction after another...LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this would help your friend but I am really new at this and I used a coupon from the paper and got a really good deal on one of those m&p soap kits at the craft store. It came w/ 3 colors, a fragrance a 16 oz of clear soap an 16oz of white soap and a mold w/ a rectangle, circle and a square. It also had directions for some recipies. I also went to the library and got some soap books. It is an easy and relatively cheap way to get into the hobby.

I don't know if this would help your friend but I am really new at this and I used a coupon from the paper and got a really good deal on one of those m&p soap kits at the craft store. It came w/ 3 colors, a fragrance a 16 oz of clear soap an 16oz of white soap and a mold w/ a rectangle, circle and a square. It also had directions for some recipies. I also went to the library and got some soap books. It is an easy and relatively cheap way to get into the hobby.

I will pass that along to her. I think that is a great idea! And we just got 50% off coupons for Michaels and I am pretty sure they have kits there~!

I went from MP to HP to CP, which was a fine progression for me. I disagree about MP not preparing you for CP. There was a connection there for me as far as pouring mixing scents, design, etc. Two very different beasts, yes, but also similar.