Anyone tried BCN's new Vanilla Color stabilizer?

asheebeans

I used it in wildberry zinger tea

but I ended up making more or less a solid color so you really can't tell if it worked. But if it counts the color didn't change at all since I took it out of the mold. I am attaching a pic

I had read in the past that scent tended to shift colors and I had just got the stabilizer in that day so I tried it out

I haven't even had time to make another back yet due to candle x-mas orders

I can't wait to try it with pink sugar!

wildberry.jpg

Hi guys :wave: I'm new (sorry) and can't find vanilla color stabilizer anywhere! I've googled it and searched without any luck. Where can I find it? I want some! I've looked at all the acronyms and can't figure out what BCN stands for either. Oh, I hate being the new kid on the block!

Avrilon

I just used it for the first time today. ;)

I used Pink Sugar FO, and pink oxide with a touch of red iron oxide to make it a more mauvey pink, but as soon, as I added the colorant, it started turning the batter an orangey/gold color! :rolleyes:

I left some of the batter out with just straight pink sugar for a swirl, so even though it looks like my PS is going to be kinda ORANGE, I'm anxious to see how it turns out-if it works, I should have brown swirls.

I have always said BCN has the strangest supply site to navigate.

it might be kind of hard to find

best way is to click the shopping cart and if it doesn't show up on the first page do a search for it in the shopping cart

I wouldn't worry about any oils leaking out

I used it in that wildberry zinger tea and the bar is just like when I don't use it

I made that bar about 1 month ago

the plan is to do a pink sugar batch in the next few nights, thanks for the heads up on getting some odd colors on that one

I have two pounds of it sitting here to test soon. I read somewhere that it does wicked stuff to pink sugar, but at least it's not brown. I think one person got a neon yellow out of it.

I'm really excited about this stuff if it works. I detest brown soap with a passion.

Yep, I'd say mine is pretty NEON Yellow/Orange! :( It sucks even more than having brown pink sugar-at least pink and brown go together. LOL

I'll try and post a pic. a little later

I got some a few weeks ago, and at 2 weeks curing, there is no discoloration for Daystar's Mint Angel, Vanille Abricot, or OM's Frosted Pink Cupcakes. All 3 scents go pretty dark brown without it. The soap smelled a bit off for the first couple days, but now, they smell the same as the dark brown versions.

Whatever you do, DON'T sniff that stuff. It is wicked bad...

~Sue

Yep, I'd say mine is pretty NEON Yellow/Orange! :( It sucks even more than having brown pink sugar-at least pink and brown go together. LOL

I'll try and post a pic. a little later

sorry to bug but I am getting closer to making pink sugar again and I wanted to see what it looked like before I decided to use the stabilizer with it

pretty please can you post a picture of how yours came out?

thanks

:grin2: