A Few Fire Starters

Guest LightofDawn

Guest LightofDawn

This weekend I got tired of trying to wick a jar :angry2: So I thought I would give these a try. I thought they turned out kinda cute. Almost makes you hate to burn them.

post-7765-139458436695_thumb.jpg

post-7765-139458436698_thumb.jpg

post-7765-139458436702_thumb.jpg

post-7765-139458436705_thumb.jpg

Guest LightofDawn

Thanks Shelly Bean & Heavenscent. I was really suprised out how easy and fun these were to make. They work like a charm too. The basket actually sits next to our fireplace to keep the starters handy. Looks prettier than one of those paper cover firelogs that you get in the store. I now have everyone at work saving their pinecones for me.

Dawn

Guest LightofDawn
They are so pretty and festive...mine looks like someone puked oatmeal in a cupcake liner! I didn't think they needed to be pretty, but beside a fireplace yours would sure look nice!

LOL, thats pretty much how mine looked before I put a few pieces of cheap potpourri on the tops or stuffed a pine cone in there.

Guest LightofDawn

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. They have been coming in pretty handy this week with the cold Ohio nights we've had lately. To think this is only the start. I better get busy making some more or it will be a long cold winter.