wick pin question

I'm using wick pins on my molds, and i'm using them on the outside threaded into the mold. I've got mold seal around the base and squished tight and flat, now the question is probably ignorant, but i'm a bit daft at times.

Can i leave the pin squished to the mold once i'm done with the candle?

I ask because i spent 10 minutes last night trying to dislodge the pin from the mold, and cleaning up the mold sealer.

Aaron

Your candle comes out faster removing the pin. Why would you want to leave it in?

If you're spending 10 minutes removing a pin you're doing something wrong. For instance, they're harder to remove if you've chilled the candle; hard to remove if the candle isn't set up; and sounds more like you may have put a ton of sealer on when all you need is a pinch really.

personally I leave the wick pins in. When the candle is ready it slides right out. When I clean them I heat them up a little and wrap a paper towel around a long thin spoon and just wipe it that way. Then your mold is always ready with sealer for the next candle.

Karen B

That's what i was doing Karen when i was trying to get my black candles black, I figured the removal was because it had been over a coupe of days. But then i did it after making some maple candles and same thing, I used less sealer, and still had a fight.