Do Any of You............

DonC

Hi I'm not sure about were you live. But I know by me they sell pretty good. There real easy to make and I sell a bag of 10 cones or sticks for 1.49. Some places by me even sell them for as much as 39 Cents each. It just depends on were you live. Regina

Thanks Regina,

I live in New Hampshire, and making them appears to be fairly simple and straight forward.

Do you have a place I could go to learn more about the process?:smiley2:

Hi you can try Natures Garden. They even sell a kit you can purchase that has everything you need in it. Regina :cheesy2:

peace don..

i sell more incense than i do anything else, especially in the summer(i do mostly caribbean, black art, & ribs and soul type festivals). i carry 40 different scents and sell 10 in a bag for a $1 each or if you buy 5 packs you get 2 free. i also make loose incense too..

try http://www.madinaonline.com/items.asp?Cc=U%5FINCENSE&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc= for your punk sticks or cones ( i think they are like 18.00 for a case of 10,000) way cheaper than candle suppliers--but be careful with their oils, some are good--some really suck..their burners,dpg and bags are cheap too. hths

i copied and pasted this from another website..

HOW TO MAKE INCENSE

Now you can make your own hand made incense in your favorite scents! Make incense to match your candles, soaps and bath & body products for great gift sets! It's easy!

• Mix 1 part fragrance oil to 2 or 3 parts solvent liquid (DPG), and stir well. Do not use alcohol in place of DPG, it does not work well. Do not use straight fragrance oil as it will make excessively smokey incense! Any of our fragrance oils can be used for incense, regardless of flash point or soap/lotion safety, etc. Some popular incense scents are Patchouli, Nag Champa, Sandalwood, Lavender, China Rain, Butt Naked, Jasmine, Frankincense & Myrrh, and Voodoo Love. Some other scent suggestions would be, Angel type, Drakkar type, Sunset, Mountain Lake, Amber Musk, Cedar Wood, Cinnamon Stick, Sex on the Beach, and Smoke & Odor Eliminator. Or how about some Citronella bug repellant sticks for summer time! Or an AromaMoods™ line, perfect for a gift set!

• Soak incense in scent mixture for 24 hours in a glass or HDPE plastic container. Soaking takes patience, but is necessary to allow the incense to fully absorb the oil. A shallow glass baking pan works well to lay sticks in and submerge in the oil. Or you can soak the sticks while still bundled in a tall glass vase or cylinder. For cones, a glass bowl works well. After soaking, pour the leftover oil mixture into a glass or HDPE plastic bottle, such as our fragrance bottles, for storage. You can use this again to make more incense, it doesn't go to waste!

• Lay the cones or sticks out on a screen or drying rack with several layers of paper towel underneath to soak up any drips. Or if your sticks are still bundled, you can hang them to dry on a hook with paper towel underneath. Be sure to put them where they will get air flow to help them dry (you may use a fan to speed the process). Do not bake the incense in an oven or microwave to dry it! Incense must be allowed to dry completely for at least 48 hours before burning. If incense is still wet or damp, it will not burn properly! Be patient and allow it to dry fully before using for best results. Cones tend to take a little longer than sticks because of their thickness. Note: It is also important that you make sure the incense is totally dry with no wet or damp spots before packaging in plastic bags or tubes, etc! Fragrance oils are very strong and can melt or eat through many types of plastic!

• 16 oz. of scent mixture should make approx. 500 or more sticks or cones. Properly made, fully dried incense should burn for approximately 45 minutes to over 1 hour.

• Incense is very popular and a great seller at flea markets, craft booths, etc, especially with the younger crowd! Most people package their incense in bags of 20 sticks or cones, usually selling for about a dollar or more. That's about 3 to 4 times your cost, a great profit! Let the customers mix and match, they love a variety! You may also want to offer a bulk package of 100 for a savings to your customers, and more volume sales for you! For a professional looking package, try printing your own "labels" on Avery business cards, and fold the card over top of your bag and staple it. Use a hole punch to make a hole in the top of the card to hang on a rack :)

i sell a bag of 10 sticks for $1.00 ea. at the local smoke shop they sell them for $1.99 a bag. i use 50/50 fo & dpg. i lay my sticks on aluminum foil mix my fo/dpg mix pour over the sticks roll around so they are all covered wrap up my foil let soak for 24 hrs. sometime in the 24 hrs i turn over my foil so an excess oil drains back through the sticks. this way there is very little waste of oil/dpg. i usually buy my supplies at saveonscents.com