A few more Rustic Pillars

Thanks for looking, I like the frost effect, but a few spots stayed in the mold:sad2: , maybe I better use a little mold release?

Nice work! I say no on the mold release, some do use it. Don't chill your molds Pour room temp and cool at room temp. Some frost may get lost. That's the nature of the beast and what makes these candles unique.

e

Those are absolutely breathtaking! Both sets are just seriously awesome. These are what got me wanting to make candles in the first place, I used to 'dream' about making candles like that, and I am being serious *lol*. Don't you dare find fault with them, they are totally perfect :P .

I don't use mould release either, never have. I find if I leave my candles in the mould long enough (until they are totally cool and there is a gap between wax and mould) then I don't lose much frosting most of the time. I pour with my moulds at room temp and cool at room temp too.

Now lets see MORE candles!! :cheesy2::laugh2:

Anjie,x.

Nice work! I say no on the mold release, some do use it. Don't chill your molds Pour room temp and cool at room temp. Some frost may get lost. That's the nature of the beast and what makes these candles unique.

e

I agree on the mold release, and I don't chill my molds. I think I get a little anxious to unmold at times, so maybe I need to be a little more patient. Thanks for the advice, over the years you have posted many a beautiful candle!

Those are absolutely breathtaking! Both sets are just seriously awesome. These are what got me wanting to make candles in the first place, I used to 'dream' about making candles like that, and I am being serious *lol*. Don't you dare find fault with them, they are totally perfect :P .

I don't use mould release either, never have. I find if I leave my candles in the mould long enough (until they are totally cool and there is a gap between wax and mould) then I don't lose much frosting most of the time. I pour with my moulds at room temp and cool at room temp too.

Now lets see MORE candles!! :cheesy2::laugh2:

Anjie,x.

I think you found my flaw, I get too impatient and need to let them cool like you suggested! Thank you!

One quick question ..... I was staring at your candles again *lol* thinking how flippin gorgeous they were when it hit me that the little blue candle has the layers overlaping the wrong way! How did you do that? Did you wick it the right way up, as in the top of the mould as the top of the candle instead of the bottom of mould as top of candle? :cheesy2:

Anjie,x.

One quick question ..... I was staring at your candles again *lol* thinking how flippin gorgeous they were when it hit me that the little blue candle has the layers overlaping the wrong way! How did you do that? Did you wick it the right way up, as in the top of the mould as the top of the candle instead of the bottom of mould as top of candle? :cheesy2:

Anjie,x.

No I poured the candle with wick hole down. Could it be the way I turned the candle for the photo?