Downsizing to 20 Scents - what to carry?

Order it by the pound :D (best deal). If you don't likey, we'll talk. I personally love the stuff lol. Make it worth it for yourself and order $75 through Nov. 4 and you can pick an 8 ozer free (which I had to do because I need more Sanguigno lol)

Oh I got the bay rum from there. Since smelling it at a Lebermuth booth, that's pure hubba hubba in a bottle. I have hot flashes thinking about it lol.

The Bay Rum sounds really yummy.

Well, I saw the new vanity in the store. Very pretty glossy black. Two mirrors with chairs in front. Pretty.

Where were my candles? On the long shelf above the mirrors. So, you have to reach up to get one down and look at it. My votives on the very top shelf.

I'm disappointed and need a solution. Perhaps labels on the shelf to reflect each candle name. Most people don't look at a candle unless the name grabs them. :cry2: Who is going to reach up to look at a candle?

The vanity does a great service to the store, but not for my products. I'm very disappointed and don't even feel like looking at scents. :cry2:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! Great thread!

I hadn't seen this mentioned so I thought I would chime in.... it's been said many times elsewhere on this board.... If something is not selling (like your Key Lime for ex.), then rename it and relabel it. For some reason, just a change of name can make it work.

HTH! :smiley2:

Yes, I've done that before. It is a good idea. I still need to change three scents I don't want to carry anymore since Christmas is over. Deciding on what to use in their place. Warm Vanilla Sugar is nice.

I also put out Lily of the Valley. My daughter hates it, but I've had so many compliments when people walk in. It's a keeper. I think people are tired of the Christmas and food scents.

Some of the food scents. I always carry a couple.

I was in a great specialty store the other day..they carry McCall's candles.The way they have it set up...the jar candles are all as usual,but they have glass jars with lids,(above each rowof candles) and on the lids are the scents and in the jar are tarts...and they have all the exact same scents as they had in jar candles.To me, it was so much easier to spot the candle i liked and sniff the tart.It almost made me purchase a candle!LOL!

Another suggestion...have a survey or opinion box by the register and have all your customers write out their favorite fragrances..then that will at least give you a small idea of what others to carry in the future.HTH!:cheesy2:

Kimmeroo

I was in a great specialty store the other day..they carry McCall's candles.The way they have it set up...the jar candles are all as usual,but they have glass jars with lids,(above each rowof candles) and on the lids are the scents and in the jar are tarts...and they have all the exact same scents as they had in jar candles.To me, it was so much easier to spot the candle i liked and sniff the tart.It almost made me purchase a candle!LOL!

Another suggestion...have a survey or opinion box by the register and have all your customers write out their favorite fragrances..then that will at least give you a small idea of what others to carry in the future.HTH!:cheesy2:

Kimmeroo

Good ideas. I've never heard of McCall's candles.

I sell tarts mostly and just a few candles so this may not apply to candle sales. Did I miss it or don't you carry a Cinnamon Bun? CB out sells all my other scents by far. And that's all year. Next is maybe Blueberry Muffin, Apple Pie or something with apple. Then I sell a lot of perfume dupes. Love spell was always a good one but it is slowing down a lot. Warm Vanilla Sugar use to sell well but not much anymore. Patchouli never sold well except for one or two people that want nothing else. Butt Naked and Bird of Paradise sell very well all year. Vanilla is not a big seller even though it's my all time favorite. Maybe a Vanilla Oak. Every time I go to remove a scent I get a large order but this year I am really cutting some out.

You may want to try something like Sweet Pea...a great floral,along with maybe a great Black Cherry or Hot Baked Apple Pie. Something fresh like Rain or Spring Rain or even China Rain or Fresh Linen,Clean Cotton is also good. These aren't fo's that we may like the best but they sell great and our customers like them. There are so many choices to make and we wish you the best of luck in the decision process. You won't go wrong if your customers like them and they sell well for you.

Mike