Downsizing to 20 Scents - what to carry?

I know what mean on the clean, exotic and nature scents. It's hard to really like a lot of them.

I do use Cotton Balls and Blossoms. I going to have to pour more today. I'm out again. That is a really nice scent!

I have Candy Corn and haven't poured that!

I think I would like:

Nag Champa

Honey Patchouli

Yes, Cherry Almond from BCS is awesome! I poured a sample and have never forgotten that.

I have a Pound Cake, Coconut Cream Pie that doesn't sell all that fast. I was pretty surprised about that. I even have the grated coconut on top! I'll keep them through Christmas and then decide. I think the Country Berry Hotcakes might make a good replacement!

How can I carry 22 and stop wanting others!!!!! :laugh2:

Thanks, TxGirl. I appreciate the input.

Maybe carry your 22 regular scents and then have one new scent every month that is a one-month long promotion. Then the customers can special-order that scent from you at other times in the year (if you want), but otherwise they get a new scent option each month. That way you can work with 12 new scents each year too! :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe carry your 22 regular scents and then have one new scent every month that is a one-month long promotion. Then the customers can special-order that scent from you at other times in the year (if you want), but otherwise they get a new scent option each month. That way you can work with 12 new scents each year too! :)

That is what my daughter was wanting me to do. I haven't seen the new vanity that my SIL built but she said there are two separate box like areas that we can display anything new we are promoting! Thanks for that. I like the idea better now! :smiley2:

I could also have a list of fragrances that I can provide if they pay upfront! LOL!

Grapefruit - yes! I do want that. But not plain. I want it mixed. I'll have to check that out.

Grapefruit - Ruby Red

Pink Grapefruit

Grapefruit Zest

Grapefruit Verbena (sounds interesting from Candle Chem)

Have you tried WYW Vanilla Grapefruit? That's a great one, and strong and fresh at the same time.

-Kristi

There's grapefruit jasmine (candlewic I hear is where to go for it now), grapefruit something from DS (sugar cane maybe ... it's pretty in the bottle and I hate to review that way ... must soap when I get to soap it again.)

Then again, grapefruit can tend to fuel in candles so maybe let that one go.

Here's one for you to try ... Goddess from Mill Creek ... goodness! It's really nice and could go into your designer mixes lol.

If you went for vanillas, DS owner is a vanilla fanatic so you'd find some nice ones there.

Love the sound of your coffee candle.

There's grapefruit jasmine (candlewic I hear is where to go for it now), grapefruit something from DS (sugar cane maybe ... it's pretty in the bottle and I hate to review that way ... must soap when I get to soap it again.)

Then again, grapefruit can tend to fuel in candles so maybe let that one go.

Here's one for you to try ... Goddess from Mill Creek ... goodness! It's really nice and could go into your designer mixes lol.

If you went for vanillas, DS owner is a vanilla fanatic so you'd find some nice ones there.

Love the sound of your coffee candle.

Got the coffee scent from BCS. I think, from what I understand, it used to be called Turkish coffee or something. I really, really like it.

That's what was afraid of on the Grapfruit - the fuel, but I have read several people really like the Ruby Red and Pink Grapefruit from NG.

Also read on another thread - that "Serendipity"from The Scented Bean is a grapefruit and currant blend, totally different from JS's serendipity.

Goddess sounds like something I would like, especially as you can use it to mix. Thanks!

I need to check DS because I just cannot find a vanilla that I like!

Oh heavens don't use that Goddess as a mixer. It's perfection the way it is lol!

Hey look into Candle Cocoon's Sultry Angel and something twinkle toes (that's the grapefruit one I believe.)

Oh, I thought when you said,

you meant to mix it with others. LOL!

Sultry Angel sounds nice. Is it better than Sissies Sugar Cookies at BC?

Fairy Dust and Twinkle Toes:

The Fairies dance in the dark unseen. Bubbling flickers of light. The scents that they kick up in their joy is a bright and tingly scent, just like them. A citrus melody of predominately grapefruit with supporting notes of juicy orange, tangy lemon and zesty lime.

That might work for me as I wanted more citrus without carrying all the separate scents. I'll have to get a sample of this one. That, by far, sounds like the most appealing that I've run across! Thanks!

BTW, CC is also offering Orange Clove at $5.00 per pound with any other purchase!

Lavender has always been a good seller for me. Victorian Rose is also good. A good plain vanilla is great as well.

Good Luck with your downsizing, it is always so hard. ; )

I do want the Lavender for sure! Still checking to see which supplier I want to use.

I poured the Victorian Rose and I did like it. My daughter didn't want to carry that. She said it smells like an old lady. LOL! I am an old lady - get over it!!! :laugh2:

I'm not a fan of Patchouli either so I was on a hunt to find one that didn't make me gag and I really like Patchouli Gold from Solas. Which reminds me I have to order more. Anyways if you can't find a Patchouli you like JS has a Raspberry Patchouli. It seems to be a winner for the women dead heads.

Here are some more scents to ponder, lol.

Lilac

Wedding Cake, I'm having alot of requests for this scent lately

Sugar Cookie instead of Vanilla

Jap. Cherry Blossom, I think it stinks but customers dig it

Downy Clean Breeze

Red Hot

Cinnamon Bun from BW

Amber Romance BW

Passionate Kisses NG

Pink Flamingo from Cierra is really good I make alot of Ducky soaps out of this scent

Nag Champa I love this one from Peak's reminds me of when I was younger

Raspberry Vanilla Peak's I love that scent

Voodoo Love NG

Mindy :)

Wow! Wonder if there was a price increase. I can't remember. It's absolutely gorgeous stuff, but too spendy for candles most likely. So let's axe it and think of other stuff.

Can't answer you on Sultry Angel and the Sissie's stuff either.

Right! Let's axe it! I know I leaned forward and gasped when I read the price! :laugh2:

The Sultry Angel is a sugar cookie, which I already have. I'm using Mrs. Claus' Cookies. I like it, but wish I would have sampled Sissie's first.

Look at this candle! Gorgeous and the scent is gardenia, jasmine and sandlewood! Nice!

dl-candles-grandiflorum.jpg

http://www.candledelirium.com/DL-Co-Candles/DL-Co-Grandiflorum-Candle/

I read somewhere that Flicker's Tuscan Lace was very similar to sultry angel. I've never tested sultry angel to know for myself.

Tuscan Lace: A soft amber with musk and touch of sweet earthy notes at the base.

Sultry Angel:A citrus melody of predominately grapefruit with supporting notes of juicy orange, tangy lemon and zesty lime.

I wonder if Tuscan Lace would rather say citrus notes at the base instead of earthy? I don't know. I guess I don't think of citrus when I read earthy.

I'll do a Search and see what it says.

BTW, I mixed 50/50 Chocolate Mint and Vanilla Extract today. The Vanilla took the hardness away! It is very nice. I'll pour that tomorrow and see what I think!

This is a wonderful discussion!!!

Thanks!

I'm not a fan of Patchouli either so I was on a hunt to find one that didn't make me gag and I really like Patchouli Gold from Solas. Which reminds me I have to order more. Anyways if you can't find a Patchouli you like JS has a Raspberry Patchouli. It seems to be a winner for the women dead heads.

Here are some more scents to ponder, lol.

Lilac

Wedding Cake, I'm having alot of requests for this scent lately

Sugar Cookie instead of Vanilla

Jap. Cherry Blossom, I think it stinks but customers dig it

Downy Clean Breeze

Red Hot

Cinnamon Bun from BW

Amber Romance BW

Passionate Kisses NG

Pink Flamingo from Cierra is really good I make alot of Ducky soaps out of this scent

Nag Champa I love this one from Peak's reminds me of when I was younger

Raspberry Vanilla Peak's I love that scent

Voodoo Love NG

Mindy :)

That Raspberry Patchouli sounds really nice! Now, I have to choose between that and the Honey Patchouli!

Aren't we supposed to be acting professional, like Scented, and call it "Patch"? :laugh2: I guess I better wait until I have as many posts! LOL!

I love Wedding Cake! I have so many food scents. I want to save the Wedding Cake for special orders! I have some jars I'm saving for that very thing!

I'll have to check out Amber Romance!

Thanks for all the other suggestions. When I finalize my list, I'll post it!

Really want a jaw-dropper for fragrances? I could find some much higher :laugh2:

OK here goes some more suggestions:

There's an Amber and Musk at Flickers that has gotten a world of hot, hot, hot reviews (why it's still in the bottle untouched by me I don't know lol!)

There's an oil of Amber at TCS that's wicked to wick, but such a lovely oil.

There's the French Vanilla Amber at Peak's (another with top notch reviews)

To go to earthy, there's Tiger Eyes at BCN that really is quite warm and good. I think it has some Amber in it as well.

Herbally stuff ... besides the basil, sage, mint, there's an Autumn Sage at TCN, there's also cedar (Peak's), Cedarwood Mint (TSW ... really refreshing), Lavender Tini at (FOH, which you should check out the new additions she has ... some mighty yummy scents), Eucalyptus Spearmint (FOH) or eucalyptus (Peak's), Full Moon at TSW is Vetyver and another really fresh scent. Lavender Basil (ICS) is really nice.

A too die for Patchouli ... (I mean really yummy) is TSW's Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli. It may make you love patch J/K! Karma (which isn't at TSW any more because of patch price increases is a fabulous patchouli blend ... I'm going to try OT's version, but I hear DS has it too.)

Aren't we supposed to be acting professional, like Scented, and call it "Patch"? :laugh2: I guess I better wait until I have as many posts! LOL!

quote]

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I be one of those dead heads I guess. I am looking forward to doing something with this Tuscan Patchouli I was gifted by a great person on this board.

Really want a jaw-dropper for fragrances? I could find some much higher :laugh2:

OK here goes some more suggestions:

There's an Amber and Musk at Flickers that has gotten a world of hot, hot, hot reviews (why it's still in the bottle untouched by me I don't know lol!)

There's an oil of Amber at TCS that's wicked to wick, but such a lovely oil.

There's the French Vanilla Amber at Peak's (another with top notch reviews)

To go to earthy, there's Tiger Eyes at BCN that really is quite warm and good. I think it has some Amber in it as well.

Herbally stuff ... besides the basil, sage, mint, there's an Autumn Sage at TCN, there's also cedar (Peak's), Cedarwood Mint (TSW ... really refreshing), Lavender Tini at (FOH, which you should check out the new additions she has ... some mighty yummy scents), Eucalyptus Spearmint (FOH) or eucalyptus (Peak's), Full Moon at TSW is Vetyver and another really fresh scent. Lavender Basil (ICS) is really nice.

A too die for Patchouli ... (I mean really yummy) is TSW's Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli. It may make you love patch J/K! Karma (which isn't at TSW any more because of patch price increases is a fabulous patchouli blend ... I'm going to try OT's version, but I hear DS has it too.)

Lots of good stuff suggested here, Scented.

French Vanilla Amber sounds very, very nice and elegant!

I have Peaks Eucalyptus and Peppermint. I think I'd like that to be Spearmint instead.

Okay, You have talked me into the Sanguingo Orange and Patchouli. Sounds too interesting to pass up! I'm going to find that, order it and pour that baby!!! :laugh2: If I think of Mark Farner after that - you are in trouble!!!! :laugh2:

quote]

I be one of those dead heads I guess. I am looking forward to doing something with this Tuscan Patchouli I was gifted by a great person on this board.

:laugh2::laugh2:

quote]

Dead Heads meaning River Rat Guides, or pot smokers. Not just anybody that likes Patchouli (Patch) in general, lol.

Okay, You have talked me into the Sanguingo Orange and Patchouli. Sounds too interesting to pass up! I'm going to find that, order it and pour that baby!!! :laugh2: If I think of Mark Farner after that - you are in trouble!!!! :laugh2:

Order it by the pound :D (best deal). If you don't likey, we'll talk. I personally love the stuff lol. Make it worth it for yourself and order $75 through Nov. 4 and you can pick an 8 ozer free (which I had to do because I need more Sanguigno lol)

Oh I got the bay rum from there. Since smelling it at a Lebermuth booth, that's pure hubba hubba in a bottle. I have hot flashes thinking about it lol.