I need to buy a new scale

scentsme

Can anyone suggest a scale that won't cost an arm & a leg to buy? I had a good scale(an old hand-me-down), it broke. Now I've been using an "ok" scale, but I can't get small readings. For full size products I'm fine. But when I have to make 1 ounce samples or 1.5 sizes, etc....I can't get small readings. For example: if I need to add 0.08 oz FO, the scale will give me 0.05......and if I keep adding droplets of FO to try to get to the 0.08, it won't change the number until it hits 0.10. (& no, I don't do grams). Anyone have any suggestions? I only do B&B, so I don't need something to weigh out tons of pounds of soap, etc.Thank you for ANY suggestions at all.

I second the recommendation for LotionCrafter's scales. I've got a regular scale from someone else (goes to 0.1 oz), and one from Jenn that goes to many many places past that. It does max out at 50 grams though. So I plan on getting one more scale from her for midrange amounts. The scale I have is great for measuring tiny tiny amounts. I use it to measure my powdered preservatives mostly, and also use it to measure oxides and stuff for soap. But I want something that will let me weigh out things in the several ounces range, but still have the 0.0001 oz accuracy. She's got a couple I've been looking into for this as well.

I'm now becoming a scale ho...:P

I looked on the site & there are too many to choose from! Help!!!! there are a bunch just in the 30something to 40something price range & I can't decide which one to get! Does anyone have one from there that CAN measure a 0.08oz instead of just giving me a measurement rounded off the the nearest .05? thanks.

The minimum weights are fairly similar. What's the max weight you're looking for?

For the $40 range, I'd try the ProScale XC 500g. 500 grams is approximately 17 ounces and it's minimum measure is .01 grams

You may want to call Jenny at Lotioncrafter. She's incredibly helpful and will help you figure out the best choice for your needs. HTH

What's the max weight you're looking for?

For the $40 range, I'd try the ProScale XC 500g. 500 grams is approximately 17 ounces and it's minimum measure is .01 grams

You may want to call Jenny at Lotioncrafter. She's incredibly helpful and will help you figure out the best choice for your needs. HTH

Not much of a max. needed. I'll contact them. thank you :)