Lets talk Reed Diffusers

ebarnes

I purchased the actual diffuser oil (Lavender & Clean Cotton) from WSP & the are the best. Can you reccomend any other scents from WSP? Also, talked to me about the complete kit from acandleco, what are your experiences with these? How do you rate the strenght of thier scents (Strong-med-light)?Thanks

I have never tried the actually scented base. I order my base from WSP and the reeds also but I add my fo. That way I can make it as strong as I want. I love their base though. Everyone that has bought them have been very satisfied with the scent throw from the reeds.

I have found you need to use the stronger scents in the diffusers.

I have never tried the actually scented base. I order my base from WSP and the reeds also but I add my fo. That way I can make it as strong as I want. I love their base though. Everyone that has bought them have been very satisfied with the scent throw from the reeds.

I have found you need to use the stronger scents in the diffusers.

Never tried thier base, I bought a base from the chemistry store, followed the instructions and was not satisfied at all. What base-oil ratio are you using?

I sell quite a bit of reed diffusers and refill kits on my retail site...but personally...I love my tarts! I like the instant gratification of the tarts. Diffusers are just an easy way of getting scent diffused...but in my opinion, it will never be better than tarts. I love being able to change my scent when I get tired of it...and getting the scent right away and strong ... isn't anything like it!!

But...that's just my opinion :)

Kim

Yes, the oil needs to be very strong OOB. There is no heat involved to make it throw.

My aunt is in a nursing home and they have really strict rules and regs regarding fragrancing rooms...absolutely no candles or wax items. She was limited to a commercial plug in until I made the diffuser for her.

Tarts & diffusers are like apples & oranges in my opinion. As previously mentioned tarts give a strong, instant release of scent while the diffusers are precisley that "they diffuse scent into the air." I market my diffusers as an alternative to candles for the "no candle zone areas" such as dorm rooms, nursing homes, etc. and for people who tend to forget to turn their warmers off. I carry 13 scents in diffusers and they sell great. Actually my diffusers sold more than my candles did at a show yesterday.

Also, talked to me about the complete kit from acandleco, what are your experiences with these? How do you rate the strenght of thier scents (Strong-med-light)?Thanks

I don't use their pre-fragranced oils. I do get their base and mix in my own FO's. Have never had any problems with the base (DPG & alcohol free.)

I've found that WSP's reed base diffuses too quickly. It also hase an alcohol smell to it, so that must be the reason why it doesn't last very long.

I like to use hexalene glycol for my base. It's not as heavy as DPG, no alcohol, works great and lasts longer than WSP's base!

I've found that WSP's reed base diffuses too quickly. It also hase an alcohol smell to it, so that must be the reason why it doesn't last very long.

I like to use hexalene glycol for my base. It's not as heavy as DPG, no alcohol, works great and lasts longer than WSP's base!

Would you mind sharing where you bought your hexalene at?