candle science vs candlewic

Okay, i'm on a question asking roll tonight.

I'm thinking of buying my molds from CS and am curious if anyone knows if the square seamless votive molds they sell are the same dimensions/size as the ones from candlewic? There are dimensions on CS's site, but not candlewic...

Yes......but mine from "Candlewic" came in the two sizes. I ordered 2" and one shipment was 1 3/4". I also know the man who makes the molds. I bought from him also. He has an extrusion company that used to make car parts.....then someone asked them to make the "tubes" into molds. So they started making various shapes and charged a lot more money. He makes them for many many large companies so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes them for CS and Candlewic. Just a bit of trivia (smile).....I am in a holiday mood. Halloween brings it out. Donita

haha! Halloween brings it out huh? :)

So, am I getting this right? If you order several times from Candlewic, you could get votive molds that are of different heights? I have a lot I need to order from CS and would prefer to get my molds at the same time, but not if they're going to be different sizes each time I need to get more...

I have a lot I need to order from CS and would prefer to get my molds at the same time, but not if they're going to be different sizes each time I need to get more...
Why not discuss that with the supplier you choose to use if and when you have a problem with receiving the wrong size...?

Yes......but mine from "Candlewic" came in the two sizes. I ordered 2" and one shipment was 1 3/4". I also know the man who makes the molds. I bought from him also. He has an extrusion company that used to make car parts.....then someone asked them to make the "tubes" into molds. So they started making various shapes and charged a lot more money. He makes them for many many large companies so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes them for CS and Candlewic. Just a bit of trivia (smile).....I am in a holiday mood. Halloween brings it out. Donita

Most of the molds are made by the Moldman. No big secret, Im sure quite a few people know that.

Thanks for the advice Stella. :) I'm normally one to dive in and buy, so I figured I'd stop myself and start asking around before I tried more. Especially if I find a price difference. I thought Candlewic was cheaper, but found CS carries them for a slightly lower price.

I'm off to see what I can't find out about your 99 cent molds awickedscent. Thanks for the tip!