more wicking ?s

Okay --

I'm completely overwhelmed by the different waxes and wicks that can be used for each type. Does anyone have advice on how to choose good wicks for their wax beit paraffin, blends, soy or palm (I use palm for pillars and will be using the same for containers)? Or links that would help me?

I have no idea what the numbers mean (46-14-14 --keep in mind, I totally just pulled that out my rear, but I'm sure you know what I mean) and I've been hesitating in coming out and directly asking as I'd seem like a 'tard. But, I can't find what I'm trying to figure out myself, so I'm asking for the help of this extremely helpful community. Help a girl figure out wicks! :confused::laugh2:

whoo who you sound like me "tard" that had me laughing. Okay so you are going to be using palm right, is that what I am reading? What size pillars are you going to make and for the containers what kind/size are those? All those things have a big play in what size wick you will need that I do know lol.

Also once you find out what wick you might want to try give me a holler through a PM or something and I will see if I have the wicks you are looking at and will send you some to try if I do. I have been down the road you are at and have a million wicks I swear cause I had no clue where to start. (still struggling lol)

THANKS Gdawg! :D haha Yeah, my head is literally spinning as I have no clue what wicks to use. And what sucks even more is when you buy wax from one supplier who doesn't give you a guide and you go to other sites who DO give guides.. it's only for the wax they carry and of course it's wax I don't have and ugh, the cycle never ends.

I've been on CS for a bit now using their guide. I use Alabaster's palm wax - Astor F and I used the standard votive wicks from CWic. And they just do NOT work. They melt when I put them in even when it's starting to turn to slush, so I know I need something different.

Right now I make square votives. I'm ordering square pillars here pretty quick....sizes 3x3x3.5 and 3x3x6.5 --3x3x9.5 when those become available (they're out of stock atm). So, any help at all would be awesome!!!! :)

Thanks Stella! I am trying to take the cheapest way out I can, but am finding more and more that it's going to be required to test with all the ones I 'think' will work. *sigh* I'm going to try out CS wicks as they had a guide to pick them out based on wax and diameter/type. So, I'm crossing my fingers! Thanks for the link! :)

You can say that again! My only concern is the amount of money. Instead of plunking down so much on things that have not worked for others... I'm interested in trying what DOES work well for others. Especially when I'm not always completely sure where to start. Thanks for your input again Stella.