A Soap Bundt Cake

Nan_in_Tucson

Thanks, everyone! :)

The mold is an old Nordic Ware bundt cake pan that my mom had. It was one of the original pans for the microwave, made with something that Nordic Ware called Gemstone. I was hestitant at first to use it, because I couldn't find out just what "Gemstone" is made of. I did find one article that referred to it as a polymer, so I figured I would try it. I coated it with mineral oil first. It took about 4 days before the cake would come out of the pan.

I was about to say the same thing kandlekrazy. haha That looks yummy! How in the world did you get the 'spices' to stay suspended throughout the soap? Mine always goes straight for the bottom, which ends up being up on top after it comes out of the mold. Either way, fantastic job!

That looks great. You did a fantastic job on the icing.

Yup, I fully agree! When I first looked at it, I was like,"Okay, nice bundt cake but this is a soap gallery. DUH!!!!:tiptoe: :lipsrseal ! It looks so real! Yeah I think the frosting makes it VERY real! Excellent job! I love coming in here and just ohhing and ahhhhing at all of the wonderful creations you people create! I want to be all of you some day when I grow up!

Fire