Pouring Votives

I am so blessed to have great friends and fellow business owners. While I was at work a while ago, a fellow business owner brought me some candle making supplies that she bought years ago and told me I could have them. Well there was a pouring pot, 50 wicks, 12 votive molds, 5 dye blocks, 20 ounces of fragrance, 10 pounds of wax and a thermometer, all never used!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Well, needless to say, I am pouring some votives right now but, could I use my EcoSoya CB Advanced to pour some? They are gonna be used in votive holders so I don't see what harm it would cause but those of you who are experience when it comes to votives might be able to tell me if I can and that would make me feel a little better about it. Thanks. Adam.

If you are pouring into the votive molds and using container wax, it will be too soft, unless you are pouring directly into votive holders. Also, how old is your fragrance? Glad you got the extra supplies, it always helps:cheesy2:

The fragrance looked really thick so I just tossed it and used some of my own. The votives that I poured last night were dissapointing. The throw was not even there for the straight parafin. I decided to go try a blend that I hope will hold up better. I am going to burn one tonight and see. It was a 70% parafin 30% soy mixture. I am learning to hate parafin with the repour crap. Thats has been complete hell for me. I will definitly have to try some EcoSoya votive blend and see how it does. Thanks for the help.

heya! I love doing votives and as far as repouring, I don't mind that part at all either as the waxes I've used have shrunk a bit and it looks nice when I repour. I don't know if I could handle the simplicity of a single pour. :P In any case, I don't know anything about the wax you're using, but I'm wishing you luck in finding what works for you! I've used the mottling wax from Cierra's and it worked really nicely.