Labels not Sticking

Hi - has anybody had trouble with their labels not sticking or staying stuck actually to their jars? I use the clear vinyl labels and they look really nice at first, but have noticed after they have been on the jar for several months or so they start to curl and peel away at the edges of the label. Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong or have any helpful suggestions? Thanks in advance!

KsCrafter

Did you wash your jars in hot water with a grease cutting ingredient (Dawn, Parson's Sudsy Ammonia) before using them? Residue from manufacturing is oily and remains on jars until it's washed off. Air dry & store upside down for best results. Washing will help with adhesion of both the wax and the labels. Use gloves when handling jars which have been cleaned so as not to leave any oil from your skin on them.

It is also possible that the adhesive being used on your labels is not real stable. Many folks don't know that stick-on stuff has a shelf life. Try another brand to see. HTH :)

If the labels are old and not kept air tight they will do that. Also check to see if they are the removable labels because those will start to come off after time even if they are new. Nice clean jars like Stella suggested and be sure your hands aren't oily (even from hand lotions) before touching your labels and jars if you can't wear gloves (I can't do anything right with gloves on!)