Fullers Earth? When to add in CP

I'm not an expert but I add 1tsp per pound of oils. As for when to add it, I always add the FO to the melted oils, mix, then add the lye water, mix then add coloring/additives. HTH.

Hmmm.. I always thought FO/EO was added as additive. I might have to try this technique! As far as the fullers clay do you add it at trace?

Many feel warming up your FO's or EO's by first mixing them with your oils once in the soap pot before adding your lye solution decreases the chance of acceleration. I do think this is true, but in my opinion, it also weakens the FO's or EO's a bit going through the onset of saponification at first combining oils/lye solution. You might have to add a bit more FO or EO doing it this way.

Paul....

it also weakens the FO's or EO's a bit going through the onset of saponification at first combining oils/lye solution.

Paul....

Tell that to my kids that are still bellyaching about the stinky kitchen, apparently they too hate the smell of lavender LOL.

Consider yourself lucky, the smell of lavender makes me want to upchuck my breakfast.

What I do is take about 1 oz out of my melted oils and mix the fullers earth into it. Then I add the lye to the rest of the oils, and at a very light trace I pour the oil with the fullers earth back in. It will give you a smooth uniform colored bar without any clumps of the clay showing as speckles all over the soap.