Spooky Soap For Halloween

Hibiscus

These are fragranced Black Magic and as you can see the fragrance turned the soap a pumpkin color. The black was done with black sparkle powder and I don't know if it bleeds yet but in a batch prior to this one, it didn't bleed so who knows what will happen....bleeding soap is definitely scary to me:laugh2: Happy Halloween CT!

um I think I may have cut it a little too soon...I was soo anxious..lol

post-2973-139458436344_thumb.jpg

post-2973-139458436347_thumb.jpg

Definitely looks like Halloween soapies to me! I hope it doesn't bleed on ya-looks like a lot of black in there!

Speaking of which, I've been a little too heavy handed lately with my oxides, dang it! :angry2:

black magic smells yummmy, good choice for this!

Kinda hard to describe the fragrance but spicy is definitely one thing that comes to mind. I'm no to good at describing something other than florals or earthy..hey this one may be earthy too:smiley2: ..very mild and spicy I guess. The black powder seems to behave differently than the oxide which always bleeds on me. This powder was only tested in one other batch and it bled when first cut but then after a day or two, it was fine. I will give this one a few days and report back. Sure would be nice to have a non bleeding black soap.:yay:

Please share how you got that color effect--it looks like most of the black is on the outside and I can't imagine how that was done in a cylinder mold!

Jane

This was my first attempt at outer layering in a round mold. I colored the soap and poured it in the mold and rolled it until it was coated. I let it sit for a few minutes to be sure it had adhered to the sides and then i poured straight down the middle with the other color. That's it. I hope to get better at it when I have more time to practice. Man I love these plastic molds and how easily the soap slips out. I hope to get a chance to practice this weekend.

HTH