Anyone here make barbie furniture?

Christina

With my fathers help (with the carpentry), I'll be making a very large barbie house for my 5 year old daughter this christmas. I'd love to make the furniture as well. The plastic stuff they've got these days just isnt' doing it for me. Here's something I found on e-bay to kind of show you want I'm thinking. I've never done anything like this, so if anyone has any advice to point me in the right direction (as there is only 2 months till christmas, AHH) That would be REALLY great!

Hhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Handmade-BARBIE-Fashion-Royalty-FURNITURE-Sofa-Set_W0QQitemZ270179040918QQihZ017QQcategoryZ15959QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Christina

I think I've seen patterns in either Simplicity or McCalls for furniture. I know I"ve bought them before when they've had the pattern sales...just because they were cheap and I have all kind of time to sew/make everything I bought a pattern for (including the 8 that I bought Sat. night since they were only 99cents)

Guest Candelishis

I have a 5 ft tall dollhouse my dad made me for my barbies when I was a kid. My mom made me TONS of furniture for it. For a bed, she just took a 2x4 and cut it to the length she wanted, then took a piece of batting and stapled it to the wood block, then covered it with fabric. I can post pics of my furniture if you want - it might give you some inspiration. she said it was super easy.

All this dollhouse talk makes me want to finish mine...